Infraction decision maker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottishp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve deliberated over an over about whether to go for the 3s or 6s and I can’t make up my mind. It’ll be my 4th RC and first car that’s quite as mental as this one can be. I’m swaying towards the 6s but the tyre expense really puts me off… is the 3s enough for the same amount of fun? Is the 6s really worth it compared to the 3s? What’s people thoughts?

Welcome aboard! I agree with @john 8s. I have a 3s Infraction and it's a blast! Fast & quick. Tough RC. I've hit 60mph on 3s with stock pinion. But I'm considering getting the 6s Infraction as well to go faster. I have other 6s rigs & have gotten familiar with the chassis & power. 6s for sure

Last edited:
Welcome! 6S for sure. Leave it stock, run it on 4S and then after you’re done roasting the Hoons right off the truck? You can always go ridiculously fast. I never regretted that decision myself!

I have both an Infraction 3s and an Infraction 6s. The 3s has a Castle Copperhead 10 ESC, Castle 3800kv motor, CNC steel ring gears, and Hoons white label tires. The two-week-old 6s is mostly stock with CF shock towers, CF steering deck, aluminum case on center diff, and an 18T pinion. The 6s is still being upgraded.

I'm 74 years old and have a slight build: it took me a while to decide on buying the 1/7 Infraction due to its size and weight. If I had it to do over again, I would have passed on the 3s and gone straight to the 6s: there's so much more you can do to upgrade the 6s.

A good option is to run the 6s on 4s batteries, then upgrade to 6s once you are comfortable with running at high speeds.

I like my 3s, but I love my 6s! It’s true tires are expensive but you could always buy a harder tire that last a little longer get more wear out of it and if you’re not like me, and upgrade to some crazy 8S system to where you can literally smoke the tires off the car then you’ll be OK

Thanks for all the help/feed back! I really appreciate it... Yeah it looks like the 6s, I can get a crazy deal with two batters included and fenders amongst a few other upgrades for 400/500 (car is second hand with very limited use) so seems like a no brainer.

It'll only be my 4th RC but, tamiya full build, ftx tracer and carisma gt24 but Arrma infraction just seems like the sensible next step to absolute craziness. I'm hooked!

Thanks again for the help and warm welcoming!

Go with the 6s Infraction, you won't regret it.

Regarding tires, once you burn up the stock tires, get yourself some GRP tires, specifically the XM7 compound if your hooning. They will last a good while before they need to be replaced. Hobby Heroes often has really good sales on the GRP tires, sign up for their newsletter and stock up during the next sale.

Choons (Chinese Hoons) were also mentioned in this thread, if you decide to buy some of these and live in a area where its gets cold, save the choons for the hot months. The plastic wheel/rim of choons tends to be brittle and the cold exacerbates this issue. I organize a local meetup and every winter someone brings choons to run on their Infraction and they last about 30 seconds before the wheel cracks and fails.

Very good to know. You get what you pay for. 🏁

I have 4 Arrmas, I never bought a 3s. For me its 6s or 8s. Seems to me if you want a 3s, sooner or later you will have to upgrade parts. To make it a 6s anyways. Why not just start fresh with the 6s? 🏁 🏁. I'm in it to win it. Might cost a few more $, 100 or so? Go balls to the wall.💥

Last edited:
Do you like to smoke...
ford loop GIF by ADWEEK

6S

This Is The Way GIF by Priya

Back