5 wire servo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
So my kids redcat volcano 16 finally has an issue. Servo started glitching out on it. Its a 5 wire one. Is there anyway to run a conventional 3 wire off this rx/esc combo junk ya think?
I know there's about a 1% chance but didn't know if anyone has managed to make this work. I've got loads of little 3 wire servos here already. Trying to get this crap box running for him asap.

Got my mind in overload on other things right now and can't seem to think about this one logically at this hour.

What is the point of a 5 wire??

Regardless if you got good news or bad, thank ya

So my kids redcat volcano 16 finally has an issue. Servo started glitching out on it. Its a 5 wire one. Is there anyway to run a conventional 3 wire off this rx/esc combo junk ya think?
I know there's about a 1% chance but didn't know if anyone has managed to make this work. I've got loads of little 3 wire servos here already. Trying to get this crap box running for him asap.

Got my mind in overload on other things right now and can't seem to think about this one logically at this hour.

Only reference I’ve had with 5 wire servos is on really old rc planes like 30-50 years old but you can get an adapter and the reasoning I think it’s just the way the old receivers were with crystals etc

5 Wire doesn't have an onboard controller that's actually interpreting signal in PWM if I remember correctly. It's not something worth making an adapter for. Honestly you could just get the Granite Grom electronics and throw them in there to use 3 wire servos. I bet people going brushless will sell them on ebay cheap soon. I already see a few on ebay but the price is sort of absurd at the moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back