Losi 5t with max 5 g2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
Curious if the max 5 g2 could withstand being in a losi 5t with moderate gearing. Anyone done this?

On 12S with a 56118 certainly, I'd be more concerned with Lipo quality.

I'd shoot Hobbywing a general inquiry on warranty with a 30+lb application.

People were running max 5's in dbxl's without problems. I know some thought it felt a little underpowered in there compared to an xlx2 but the new max 5 g2 is even better than the old max 5 so with 12s I think it would for sure be good enough.

Mind bottling how the DBXL-E runs off the Firma 160, must be a pooch.
Oh it is. It’s geared slow from the factory probably for that reason. You can pinion up knowing the ESC will die someday. XLX2 wakes that stock motor up big time.

Took out my dbxl yesterday with the max 5 g2 on 12s and hit my first backflip. Feels pretty good though I'm thinking I can gear up a little more.

Have you tried that same setup on 8S? I’m curious how it compares.
Nah I haven't. I did try that with the max 4 in my mcd RR5 though. First time I took it to bmx spot I had it on 8s and it was struggling, definitely felt underpowered and going to 12s made the buggy feel so much better.

Thanks for your input you guys! Ended up just getting this when I was offered. A Kraken Vekta .5 converted to 5E. Runs max 4 8-12s. Just needs a servo and reciever and transmitter. And a big place to run it🤣😜
IMG_4171.jpeg
IMG_4172.jpeg

Back