Max 5 ESC receiver wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirkdiggler

Reaction score
Just ripped this out at the base. Beyond pissed right now. Thoughts ?
Just ripped this out at the base. Beyond pissed right now. Thoughts ?

Attachments

• E5A3F71A-E470-48A2-A900-8CB404AC8024.jpeg
    E5A3F71A-E470-48A2-A900-8CB404AC8024.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 17B28109-1FA1-4A35-A435-DE8E169DC9FC.jpeg
    17B28109-1FA1-4A35-A435-DE8E169DC9FC.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 51
@PeighDay man we were just talking about this! definitely a pro for the xlx2 haha.

Sorry mirk =(

Last edited:
Oof I think it's done, those look like they pulled out inside.

You could try grinding down the case and coating but that's going to be tough...

I just installed a new flysky rx for my NB4. All I was doing was calibrating. I hit the trigger too hard and it flipped. I then heard “single lost” and I knew exactly what happened. I should have had the body on.

My wife was outside and she gave me the look. She said why do you like this hobby ? All you do is break stuff and get pissed…
I emailed hobbywing. I will let you guys know what they say. It would be cool if they could work with me… time for a transplant.

Do I take my Xlx2 out of my O8s or my Max5 out of my K8s ?? Both options suck

Last edited:
Looks like it pulled really hard based on the damage on the case in the picture.. Good luck!

I just installed a new flysky rx for my NB4. All I was doing was calibrating. I hit the trigger too hard and it flipped. I then heard “single lost” and I knew exactly what happened. I should have had the body on.

My wife was outside and she gave me the look. She said why do you like this hobby ? All you do is break stuff and get pissed…
I emailed hobbywing. I will let you guys know what they say. It would be cool if they could work with me… time for a transplant.

Do I take my Xlx2 out of my O8s or my Max5 out of my K8s ?? Both options suck
I think hobbywing will fix it but for a price.

Oof...that's rough. I think I'd try the following (since not much load is carried this shouldn't be too controversial).

Take an inch of wire (anything around 20AWG should do, if you vape and wind your own coils, even some 24AWG should do the trick) and push it into the remaining silicone tube at the base of the ESC (firmly but, don't go crazy). fix in place with some hot glue or epoxy/epoxy putty. Trim to a uniform length and then solder the connector to the stubs (don't forget to put shrink tubing on the wires before you solder...been there). If it powers on, run some servo stress test with it not in the vehicle to make sure that it can handle the load without issue.

It's just an idea, maybe modify it if you see room for improvement. No guarantees of success but it could be worth a try...at your own discretion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back