5200 vs 5000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Battery question...
I orderd a powerhobby 6s 5200 50C. $90
Amazon sent me a 5000 100c.

Should I exchange?
Pros and cons?
I have a kraton 6s, what maH size is preferred?

Battery question...
I orderd a powerhobby 6s 5200 50C. $90
Amazon sent me a 5000 100c.

Should I exchange?
Pros and cons?
I have a kraton 6s, what maH size is preferred?

First off I think you are fine keeping them and should do the job well. You wont notice a difference with 200 mAh.
The second question of what mAh is preferred is a topic that depends what you are doing. Obviously if you want longer run times bigger is better, however many big packs don't fit. Also if you jump this RC then keeping it light has advantages. For this reason I liked 5k Ah for 6s rigs.

We can all agree that "100C" and even "50C" packs are nonsense numbers, as companies over inflate the discharge rates anyway. However, if the 100C packs are indeed higher actual C rate than the 50C packs, then you'd likely end up getting more mah's out of the 100C packs even though they are smaller capacity packs. This is because a higher actual C rated packs will hold higher voltage longer, while the lower C rated packs would hit LVC more quickly. So overall, those two packs may not be too far apart in terms of performance. If the IR on the packs is good, I would be tempted to keep them.

Excellent info. That's what I was thinking. I didnt know that a higher C rating would offer more runtime... I just though it would offer more allowed power [higher punch].
Thanks maybe I'll keep and see if theres a difference. I appreciate all the replies

I have that exact same battery they sent you, in my humble opinion, it is one of the best 6s batteries there is for the 6s Arrma vehicles... it has tons of power, great run time, and most importantly to me, it's damn near the same size and weight as most 4s batteries... I have probably somewhere around 45-50 cycles on it, and it's just now starting to develop a lazy cell, it takes a long time to balance it now, but still has great run time and power, definitely keep it!

so I have the 5200
I have that exact same battery they sent you, in my humble opinion, it is one of the best 6s batteries there is for the 6s Arrma vehicles... it has tons of power, great run time, and most importantly to me, it's damn near the same size and weight as most 4s batteries... I have probably somewhere around 45-50 cycles on it, and it's just now starting to develop a lazy cell, it takes a long time to balance it now, but still has great run time and power, definitely keep it!
50c powerhobby softpack. It's been so good that I wanted to get another when my Venom lost a cell. They sent the wrong one but I'll try it out. I was just concerned that its wild enough and I'd rather have a tiny less punch in trade for a tiny more run time but that's okay, either way.
Which battery were you speaking of? The 5200 50c or 5000 100c?

Also anyone know what to do with a battery dropped a cell?

I recently picked up this one, maybe it is similar to yours?

1000002057.jpg

I'm curious about the 200C burst. Is this a marketing gimic?

so I have the 5200

50c powerhobby softpack. It's been so good that I wanted to get another when my Venom lost a cell. They sent the wrong one but I'll try it out. I was just concerned that its wild enough and I'd rather have a tiny less punch in trade for a tiny more run time but that's okay, either way.
Which battery were you speaking of? The 5200 50c or 5000 100c?

Also anyone know what to do with a battery dropped a cell?
I'm talking about the 5000mah 100c, it's an awesome battery, definitely keep it!

I recently picked up this one, maybe it is similar to yours?

View attachment 350263
I'm curious about the 200C burst. Is this a marketing gimic?
I don't really pay attention to C rate too much, it's mostly snake oil in my opinion... but that 5000mah 6s Powerhobby hard case has been awesome for me. And I've put it through hell, it's been submerged under water 2 or 3 times, been charged and ran a ton, and has always had good IR until lately 1 of the cells is going bad, but it still has great power and run time

I'm talking about the 5000mah 100c, it's an awesome battery, definitely keep it!

I don't really pay attention to C rate too much, it's mostly snake oil in my opinion... but that 5000mah 6s Powerhobby hard case has been awesome for me. And I've put it through hell, it's been submerged under water 2 or 3 times, been charged and ran a ton, and has always had good IR until lately 1 of the cells is going bad, but it still has great power and run time
So what I was wondering is why keep it instead of exchange if the C rating is BS? Why wouldn't I exchange for the larger 5200 I paid for originally?

So what I was wondering is why keep it instead of exchange if the C rating is BS? Why wouldn't I exchange for the larger 5200 I paid for
Even if the C rating may be exaggerated, the 5000mah is still a better battery punch wise. If all you want is longer run time, then it’s up to you if the small increase with the 5200 is worth the hassle. For me, it’s not.

So what I was wondering is why keep it instead of exchange if the C rating is BS? Why wouldn't I exchange for the larger 5200 I paid for originally?
I was only saying to keep it because I can vouch for that one from having owned and put it through the paces... I'm sure the other one would probably be a good battery too, but you won't hear me endorse it because I haven't actually owned it... if returning it is no hassle to you and you'd rather have the other one, I get it, I was just letting you know the 5000mah one they sent is a great battery

Back