eBay vs Amazon batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6mm Lapua

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 4s
What’s y’all’s thoughts or experiences with buying batteries from eBay vs Amazon? Seems every brand across the board is quite a bit cheaper on eBay. From gensacearespammers to zeee. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_9308.png

IMG_9309.png

What’s y’all’s thoughts or experiences with buying batteries from eBay vs Amazon? Seems every brand across the board is quite a bit cheaper on eBay. From gensacearespammers to zeee. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 340719

View attachment 340720
I actually didn't know they had such a big price difference but I 100% understand why. It's because on amazon people can return the batteries easy AF.

Once you add that $30 coupon on Amazon it almost brings them to roughly the same price. I've bought most of my batteries from Amazon, but one or two from Ebay and they've all been fine. If you're just doing bashing with your rig, then just go with whatever is easier on your wallet.

I've had good business experience thru e bay. I have zeee & ovonic purchases from there. 6s, 4s, 3s & 2s. I like the ovonic pretty well over the zeee. I have one NHX muscle pak battery 3s. It's powerful.

Bought most of mine through Ebay. No idea why there's a difference in price. Exact same stats. But, certainly noticed. Zero issues. The rest were from the LHS.

In the end, you can buy whatever you wish. First, you could also take a look at some other lipos.

I would not buy most of the amazon batteries. For the same price as those Zeees you could buy good smc batteries for example.
And expensive does not equal good as the Spektrum 5000 100c battery shows. And not all batteries from one manufacturer must be good or bad, it depends on the cell used sometimes.

Here are some lipo test comparison charts:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1767093-Battery-Load-Test-Comparisons

Some amazon reviews said that their Zeee does not have the advertised capacity or get warm when charged with 1c....
This Arrma forum thread shows problems with a Zeee battery:

"Here’s why you should always inspect your batteries!"​

The ovonic batteries have the special -5% light weight chemical formula which is something to consider :)

IMG_20240104_124354.jpg

IMG_20240104_124414.jpg

IMG_20240104_124437.jpg

Don't forget the manufacturers website too.. Zeee also sells off their own site. I have bought from all 3 sources, returns through ebay are quite easy as well, mine was prepaid return shipping, payment was returned within 24hrs of product return delivery.. no worries there.
However, I'm done with Zeee batts after this last deal..there's just too many other options, why bother.
I'd like to mention also that Zeee is now crimping the bullets on all EC5 connector equipped batteries from what I can tell. Other amazon/ebay brands may also be, IDK. Crimped connectors are not nearly as long lasting or safe as soldered connections IMO. The wires start fraying apart rather quickly with crimped connectors.. a good picture of what I mean can be found here..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ys-inspect-your-batteries.67679/#post-1033155

Don't forget the manufacturers website too.. Zeee also sells off their own site. I have bought from all 3 sources, returns through ebay are quite easy as well, mine was prepaid return shipping, payment was returned within 24hrs of product return delivery.. no worries there.
However, I'm done with Zeee batts after this last deal..there's just too many other options, why bother.
I'd like to mention also that Zeee is now crimping the bullets on all EC5 connector equipped batteries from what I can tell. Other amazon/ebay brands may also be, IDK. Crimped connectors are not nearly as long lasting or safe as soldered connections IMO. The wires start fraying apart rather quickly with crimped connectors.. a good picture of what I mean can be found here..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/here’s-why-you-should-always-inspect-your-batteries.67679/#post-1033155
That is really interesting and supprised they are doing that.

From my testing Zeee lipos just really under perform. I had tried some on a low power brushed rig and seemed like the 5500 mAh 2s pack had the capacity of something more like 4000 mAh. Then just for fun I tried them with a castle ESC on a speed runner and as you could imagine they fell flat on their face when loaded with over 250 amps.

From my testing Zeee lipos just really under perform. I had tried some on a low power brushed rig and seemed like the 5500 mAh 2s pack had the capacity of something more like 4000 mAh. Then just for fun I tried them with a castle ESC on a speed runner and as you could imagine they fell flat on their face when loaded with over 250 amps.
Yeah, I think Zeee have gone downhill in the last 3 or 4 years..seems after the "C ratings" wars started heating up from what I can tell.. 3 years ago I was buying Zeee 50c batteries that worked great, now I have 120c rated Zeee's that fall flat on their arse under load..triggering LVC the voltage is sagging so bad..
I actually just grabbed a pair of CNHL G+ based on your reports, at least I think it was you. The 6.0 G+ are a challenge to use due to their odd shape, but man, for "only 70c" rated, they pack a serious punch!! I paid $100 for a pair of Zeee 4s 7.2 120c batteries (and returned)..the CNHL G+ 6.0 were $90. No contest!! Better batteries, lower cost..thanks!!👍🍻

Yeah, I think Zeee have gone downhill in the last 3 or 4 years..seems after the "C ratings" wars started heating up from what I can tell.. 3 years ago I was buying Zeee 50c batteries that worked great, now I have 120c rated Zeee's that fall flat on their arse under load..triggering LVC the voltage is sagging so bad..
I actually just grabbed a pair of CNHL G+ based on your reports, at least I think it was you. The 6.0 G+ are a challenge to use due to their odd shape, but man, for "only 70c" rated, they pack a serious punch!! I paid $100 for a pair of Zeee 4s 7.2 120c batteries (and returned)..the CNHL G+ 6.0 were $90. No contest!! Better batteries, lower cost..thanks!!👍🍻
Yes that likely was me. The G+ is CNHLs best performing lipo.
I have punished mine repeatedly over 500 amps loads with the XLX2 and its one of my best balancing batteries that I have.

I've never really liked the Zee batts. My go to for budget basher packs are Hoovo & Ovonic. I also really like SMC packs. Haven't gotten around to trying out CNHL yet.

I've never really liked the Zee batts. My go to for budget basher packs are Hoovo & Ovonic. I also really like SMC packs. Haven't gotten around to trying out CNHL yet.
For my sons Slash ZEEE is great.
I think it depends on the car and how much power it needs.

For my sons Slash ZEEE is great.
I think it depends on the car and how much power it needs.
I run stock electronics in most everything, as such my battery needs are minimal. So I've always just bought the cheaper batteries, no worries. The Zeee batteries I sent back were 7.2ah 120c..which should easily power a stock K8S . Maybe they were just a bad set, IDK. They were fine for several cycles through the Xmaxx, ir's were all relatively equal between 3-9 ohms at full charge. Then, after just one run in the K8S, which didn't last more than 5 minutes before I shut it down, after say 5 seconds of full throttle the esc went into limp mode. the ir readings were all over, both at storage and full charge..matter of fact, they went from storage voltage of 3.8v per cell to 4.1v per cell in like 2 minutes while charging at 5a?!
To compound matters, I had messages back and fourth with Zeee about the really high ir readings and voltage drop under load and they seemed to either not care or understand. I sent pics of the batteries while connected to the charger per their request. What would you like us to do? Was their response.. nevermind, I just initiated a return for defective product through ebay.
Check these ir readings, they're almost fully charged..😬🤔🤪

20231204_071421.jpg

20231204_071413.jpg

LOL..what would you like us to do? Really? Wow. That's why I'm done with Zeee.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm skeptical there's much difference among the amazon offerings.. more likely luck of the draw. After this last Zeee experience though..IDK. It's not so much about the money as it is time wasted dealing with the "maybe's". Maybe this brand I can't pronounce is good.. I did take a hard long look at the Turnigy Rapid line, they physically look identical to the CNHL LIHV and some if the racing packs. Seems Turnigy isn't what they once were though as what few reviews I found were less than inspiring. Looking at the Turnigy Rapids and Graphene offerings though, I would speculate that some of the Turnigy batteries may actually be made by CNHL?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back