Granite 6s Granite Mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cancelthefuture

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Well it finally happened, I threw the Outcast 6s EXB electronics into the Granite with the help of the new center diff module. I had to cut up the rx box to fit the 4074 on top of the new center diff motor mount. Geared up to 20 tooth pinion to compensate for the lower KV, have the ESC zip tied to the top of the motor mount, and man this thing is a rocket. We'll see how long the plastic diffs in the front and rear last :ROFLMAO:

I ran on 4s and 6s today briefly, seems fine so far but I am afraid 6s will explode the tires at some point.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_804e9e0f-3455-497f-acfd-b8c599a93b17.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_241998e6-fcba-4731-9c22-baa9c471772b.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_02258256-af43-4013-805c-a8f6c64effd5.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_b010c1cf-2c5c-49fe-9ccb-c5f34ba44499.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_eeefc8bd-baeb-4e89-9208-9ff090936c0b.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_fa46cd4a-aade-41bd-89f0-514c29ca7699.jpg
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_fcc733ea-fd8b-4467-82d0-3c367d43a13a.jpg

You sir, are a mad man! 💪 :LOL:
Cool built!
The Granite was my first car and the poor thing is all kinds of clapped at this point. The pivot balls are literally falling out of the links sadly. I have a few spares and some hot racing pivot balls but after some inspection I think I need to replace all the steering parts to fix steering at this point. I tried Kimbrough saver but the steering throw is still only like 20 degrees. Figured if I'm doing total rebuild might as well do bigger motor while I'm at it :cool:

Well it finally happened, I threw the Outcast 6s EXB electronics into the Granite with the help of the new center diff module. I had to cut up the rx box to fit the 4074 on top of the new center diff motor mount. Geared up to 20 tooth pinion to compensate for the lower KV, have the ESC zip tied to the top of the motor mount, and man this thing is a rocket. We'll see how long the plastic diffs in the front and rear last :ROFLMAO:

I ran on 4s and 6s today briefly, seems fine so far but I am afraid 6s will explode the tires at some point.

View attachment 332260View attachment 332261View attachment 332262View attachment 332263View attachment 332264View attachment 332265View attachment 332266

I cried on the 6s vid. I can't type 🤣🤣🤣
Now I'm wondering if my Mojave 4s will do this if I install that kit and run on 6s. Thanks bro.

View attachment 332260View attachment 332261View attachment 332262View attachment 332263View attachment 332264View attachment 332265View attachment 332266

Very cool keep up the work

THAT IS INSANITY!!! Why not just get the LWB so you can fit that motor? im also new to this hobby so I don't know how to understand these motor sizes yet and if it firs w the chassis or not. I also want to turn my granite to a 6s but I might get the hobby wing one. I currently have a copperhead 10.

THAT IS INSANITY!!! Why not just get the LWB so you can fit that motor? im also new to this hobby so I don't know how to understand these motor sizes yet and if it firs w the chassis or not. I also want to turn my granite to a 6s but I might get the hobby wing one. I currently have a copperhead 10.
It wasn't really meant to be a build that made any sense, my granite is getting old and pretty clapped at this point and I had the spare electronics from another car and I just really wanted to see how the center diff worked out. I need to countersink the holes in the chassis with a dremel for the center diff so I can actually feel comfortable running it because right now there's a few screws sticking out, but it's been such horrible weather here I haven't really had the motivation just yet. I think a 4s Granite could actually make sense with the Max10G2 2400kv, but the 6s 2050kv motor is a bit over the top haha.

Where is everyone finding these center diff modules?!?!?! Ive been searching for over a month to jam one in my vorteks so I can use my stock kraton v5 motor and esc in it! I just cant find the module anywhere. Oh and yes I plan on upgrading the f and r diffs and cvd’s. I already have upgraded the stock shocks to aluminum oil filled with stiffer springs to handle the weight. I realize this thing will probably explode on 6s so I intend on 4s initially and gearing up to 20t pinion to compensate for the 5k rpm loss

Where is everyone finding these center diff modules?!?!?! Ive been searching for over a month to jam one in my vorteks so I can use my stock kraton v5 motor and esc in it! I just cant find the module anywhere. Oh and yes I plan on upgrading the f and r diffs and cvd’s. I already have upgraded the stock shocks to aluminum oil filled with stiffer springs to handle the weight. I realize this thing will probably explode on 6s so I intend on 4s initially and gearing up to 20t pinion to compensate for the 5k rpm loss
I put in one of the preorders on tower hobbies, but my local hobby shop actually got them in stock before the tower order filled. I'd call around your hobby shops honestly.

Do I need the housing or will my vorteks module work if I upgrade the motor plate for the 2050 kv?
I think you'll need the housing also. That thing is beefy.

God, Jennys is charging more than Horizon. I understand it comes with the bearings but that's a bit much.
Supply & demand my friend.

Funny, Jenny's is sold out of the motor mounts, but has a few diff left 🤔😉

I think you'll need the housing also. That thing is beefy.

Supply & demand my friend.

Funny, Jenny's is sold out of the motor mounts, but has a few diff left 🤔😉
I found the center diff on ebay new for $45 so I jumped right on it. I think Jennys still has the mounts because a few people cheaped out and don't mind a bent motor plate. Im ordering an entire aluminum housing just in case. Now if I could only find a firma 150 esc cheap 🤣

I got lucky & got a new takeout 4s fluid diff with the gearbox/power module complete for $99 shipped.

I found the center diff on ebay new for $45 so I jumped right on it. I think Jennys still has the mounts because a few people cheaped out and don't mind a bent motor plate. Im ordering an entire aluminum housing just in case. Now if I could only find a firma 150 esc cheap 🤣
I got that backwards 😂. I realized my brain was not braining. I think people are trying to use the mounts but keep the slipper. Im upgrading the mount, center diff, f/r diffs, center shaft and swapping out the axles for the cvd’s. I realize this is insane to run a vorteks on 6s but Ive already upgraded the arms and shocks for the weight

Back