V2 Granite w/ Center diff upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Rambo

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
  4. Infraction 4x4
This truck was my first hobby grade RC. Kinda sentimental to me. Only been in the game for 4+ years, but this one has beat to smithereens and brought back to life time after time. One tough truck in my opinion. I was gonna throw this into another thread, but I didn't wanna impose. So I decided to finally make somewhat of a build log for it. Here it goes..

Alrighty. Just threw this center diff into my widened v2 Granite blx. Running Stock oil in all 3 diffs (whatever those are) . Hw quicrun 10bl120a 3660 3150kv. 15t pinion on 3s. Seems harder to kick out rear, which is a good thing on the swb. Not as squirrely as usual. Seems planted and easier to drive in the corners. Definitely different than how it drove before. I'm kinda diggin' this upgrade! I'll need more time behind the wheel to get a better feel. I'm gonna try a larger pinion and use thicker diff oil up front.
3665 is the longest you'll get without having to relocate reciever box. $100 upgrade worth it? I like it so far. Only time will tell what flaws may or may not arise..
I know, I gotta clean up my wires 😅, but before I do, I want to test larger pinions, need to replace that cracked tower mount and find a better solution for an esc mounting plate 😂 🤦‍♂️. I also need to change that xt60 to xt90.
Oh yea, it has an outcast wing, t bone racing front bumper, typhon rpm arms, zoskay 25g servo and mx28s.

16998607590674262476889200518980.jpg

20231112_213401.jpg

Last edited:
looks like fun!
i honestly don't know why you would want a center diff in a granite though....

honestly don't know....
60$ doesn't seem worth it.
Well, then $100 definitely isn't worth it. Lol.
Actually, it was worth it to me to LEARN the difference between the 2 systems First hand. Now I know what it does and can feel the difference between the two in 1 vehicle. However, Now that I know, I feel that it's worth about a $60 upgrade. 😅

This truck was my first hobby grade RC. Kinda sentimental to me. Only been in the game for 4+ years, but this one has beat to smithereens and brought back to life time after time. One tough truck in my opinion. I was gonna throw this into another thread, but I didn't wanna impose. So I decided to finally make somewhat of a build log for it. Here it goes..

Alrighty. Just threw this center diff into my widened v2 Granite blx. Running Stock oil in all 3 diffs (whatever those are) . Hw quicrun 10bl120a 3660 3150kv. 15t pinion on 3s. Seems harder to kick out rear, which is a good thing on the swb. Not as squirrely as usual. Seems planted and easier to drive in the corners. Definitely different than how it drove before. I'm kinda diggin' this upgrade! I'll need more time behind the wheel to get a better feel. I'm gonna try a larger pinion and use thicker diff oil up front.
3665 is the longest you'll get without having to relocate reciever box. $100 upgrade worth it? I like it so far. Only time will tell what flaws may or may not arise..
I know, I gotta clean up my wires 😅, but before I do, I want to test larger pinions, need to replace that cracked tower mount and find a better solution for an esc mounting plate 😂 🤦‍♂️. I also need to change that xt60 to xt90.
Oh yea, it has an outcast wing, t bone racing front bumper, typhon rpm arms, zoskay 25g servo and mx28s.

View attachment 331636
View attachment 331635
Hey boss! How do you like that motor fan so far? I Just order mine and I would like to know how its keep up so far?

Just an update.. I took the center diff out and put it in a big rock. Also threw in a surpass 3674. Feels different. Not bad. I've taken it to an open field and it floats over slightly rocky/ muddy terrain.

The granite got the Slipper. However, it did get a new spektrum 3900kv from a 3s inf. Got a lil more juice to it. Atleast Feels like it.

Hey boss! How do you like that motor fan so far? I Just order mine and I would like to know how its keep up so far?
I like it. I would definitely buy it again. I Prolly need 2 more for the 3674 in the bigrock? It works better than the heatsink/fan combo that arrma puts on it. For the stock motor in the granite, it's perfect. I've had it for 1.5-2 years and it's still kickin'. Hope that helps! 👍

Just an update.. I took the center diff out and put it in a big rock. Also threw in a surpass 3674. Feels different. Not bad. I've taken it to an open field and it floats over slightly rocky/ muddy terrain.

The granite got the Slipper. However, it did get a new spektrum 3900kv from a 3s inf. Got a lil more juice to it. Atleast Feels like it.

I like it. I would definitely buy it again. I Prolly need 2 more for the 3674 in the bigrock? It works better than the heatsink/fan combo that arrma puts on it. For the stock motor in the granite, it's perfect. I've had it for 1.5-2 years and it's still kickin'. Hope that helps! 👍
I Appreciate the feedback on the motor fan! I just installed mine on my 1514 CC motor and I also installed a rocket fan on my esc just for the heck of it.

Back