6s Motor mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Kraton will do standing backflips with a 21T on 6s no sweat. CC 1717 1650, MMX 8S, gensacearespammers 6800 100C HV charged to standard voltage and Proline Streetfighters. Now that I have a real battery charger, I can't wait to see what it'll do charged to it's true potential.

Have you thought about running Scorched Diffs so you can use GP5 pinions to lower your numerical gear ratio?
Nice! That is impressive! The Kraton is a shorter wheelbase, it’s really tough to get these XWLB chassis to do standing backflips.

I love the scorched diffs! I run them in my Limitless, but I couldn’t justify the price in my basher. The Treal are $60, and they work ok. My only gripe is that you can’t service the diff with the rear hinge pin holder in place. The bearing cover will not slide out with it there. Which is kind of annoying

Nice! That is impressive! The Kraton is a shorter wheelbase, it’s really tough to get these XWLB chassis to do standing backflips.

I love the scorched diffs! I run them in my Limitless, but I couldn’t justify the price in my basher. The Treal are $60, and they work ok. My only gripe is that you can’t service the diff with the rear hinge pin holder in place. The bearing cover will not slide out with it there. Which is kind of annoying

Still waiting on the Scorched MM... Weird cause they usually show up in a week or less. Got a notification from Royal Mail that they showed up in the US on Monday... In regards to the backflips... It totally surprised me and I could just imagine the pain the rest of the drivetrain was feeling so I quit it, lol. And yes, for sure harder to do with the extended chassis, I may not have caught that.

I just changed to these new 75amp Anderson connectors, and what a game changer! Now I can run my batteries in series without an external connector!
IMG_5297.jpeg
IMG_5303.jpeg

You could try a dry graphite lubricant, it may stick around for a bit.

I like 3M 08897 on drive cups, steering balls, etc. Doesn't collect dust and penetrates. I haven't tried it on gears yet. I just really like grease on new gears for the first few times out and it just feels so smoooooth to start out, lol.

IMG_6382.JPG

I like 3M 08897 on drive cups, steering balls, etc. Doesn't collect dust and penetrates. I haven't tried it on gears yet. I just really like grease on new gears for the first few times out and it just feels so smoooooth to start out, lol.

View attachment 362101
I can't find it for sale at least not without having to buy an entire case of it.

View attachment 362101
I use something similar, it works ok, but imo, nowhere near what graphite lube does. My only beef with graphite lubricant is the overspray is hard to get off of what you don’t want it on.

If it’s not for a food grade surface, white lithium performs better than silicone lubricant for metal on metal.

Here’s the silicone lubricant I use, with the graphite getting the most use.

Hey guys, doesn't dust, dirt, etc. stick to the gears with the grease? Except how the centrifuge of the gears throws the grease everywhere. I don't know..

Hey guys, doesn't dust, dirt, etc. stick to the gears with the grease? Except how the centrifuge of the gears throws the grease everywhere. I don't know..
It does, surprisingly greasing stuff usually makes it fail faster in dusty environments. The grease causes the dirt to stick to greased components and they wear out fast. That’s why you see a lot of new automotive components going sealed instead of serviceable. If the component you are putting the sticky grease on is not sealed, then it’s probably making matters worse instead of better.

It would be great to have the option for sealed gears/spurs, ever as an after market.
Anyone with 3D printer?
The Vitavon unit is the only one I know of. I'm sure someone out there has 3d printed a cover for the Arrma 6s.

Back