A.A. 908 Project base on ARRMA Limitless - up to 250 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just checking back to see if there were any developments. It is a really beautiful body, but…. $600.00+ for the body, spoiler, splitter, and shipping? Too rich for me, man. If you can get past all of that pretty he’s showing us, it’s still just a 2mm thick piece of plastic for crying out loud.
I can speak to a few things. I bought two of them. Initially I just wanted one as a show body.
Unfortunately I lost one on my first run due to a radio glitch.

The body is beautiful in person. They did a great job on it. I'll tell you when the box showed up, I had no idea what was going to come out of it. Was not disappointed. Yes, its expensive - but they do volume discounts. So I may order a few more to use when I have my car dialed in a bit better. I know they are looking for a US distributor to bring the cost down some more.

Yes, the aero kit that they shipped with the car was a bit of a joke. There were just 4 pieces of plexi in the box. No photos or instructions on how they are meant to go together. After a bit of tinkering I deemed it not possible to use those parts. Long story short, I ended up making my own out of bits I had laying around and some carbon sheet. I will say that they have taken feedback well. They have revised the spoiler parts and they look promising. I'm waiting on some right now.

I wouldn't run the body without a carbon fiber splitter. The accident I had, the car went off road at about 70mph. It caught some dirt and shattered the plexi splitter. The lack of a splitter allowed the body to flex backward which split it like a grape. A week and a half later I had a tire fail at 122 and the car went off road again. Delta C100 body survived completely intact. (My chassis didn't)

I'm glad to see a new player in the market. They are working on a complete car that looks like it will be very interesting.

343182319_165808499442427_8981169348474923405_n.jpg
343183643_930756594867910_4372503406921493798_n.jpg
IMG_1746.JPG
Crash.jpg

I can speak to a few things. I bought two of them. Initially I just wanted one as a show body.

The body is beautiful in person. They did a great job on it. I'll tell you when the box showed up, I had no idea what was going to come out of it. Was not disappointed. Yes, its expensive - but they do volume discounts. So I may order a few more to use when I have my car dialed in a bit better. I know they are looking for a US distributor to bring the cost down some more.

Yes, the aero kit that they shipped with the car was a bit of a joke. There were just 4 pieces of plexi in the box. No photos or instructions on how they are meant to go together. After a bit of tinkering I deemed it not possible to use those parts. Long story short, I ended up making my own out of bits I had laying around and some carbon sheet. I will say that they have taken feedback well. They have revised the spoiler parts and they look promising. I'm waiting on some right now.

I wouldn't run the body without a carbon fiber splitter. The accident I had, the car went off road at about 70mph. It caught some dirt and shattered the plexi splitter. The lack of a splitter allowed the body to flex backward which split it like a grape. A week and a half later I had a tire fail at 122 and the car went off road again. Delta C100 body survived completely intact. (My chassis didn't)

I'm glad to see a new player in the market. They are working on a complete car that looks like it will be very interesting.

View attachment 298286View attachment 298287View attachment 298288View attachment 298289
Dude, I love it and I personally find it to be the sexiest aero body ever. I don’t know how much he paid a renowned super car designer to come up with the design, but it must have been a hefty price tag and he’s trying to recoup some of that. I’d give $100.00 for it all day long, but as much as I do like it there’s no way I could pull the trigger on it for anywhere near what he’s asking. If I were you, I’d keep your other one so you can boast having the sexiest shelf queen ever. Go crash some FC100 bodies instead, know what I mean?

View attachment 298286View attachment 298287View attachment 298288View attachment 298289
I agree it is a great looking body.
I only have one real concern and that is related to if the front of the body has enough downforce. Should you have any issues with lacking front downforce my recommendation would be to make some air dams for the sides of the splitter. This will force the air to act on the splitter more rather than go around it.

1683557937802.png

Real world exampe on the ZR1 vette:

1683558026415.png

Dude, I love it and I personally find it to be the sexiest aero body ever. I don’t know how much he paid a renowned super car designer to come up with the design, but it must have been a hefty price tag and he’s trying to recoup some of that. I’d give $100.00 for it all day long, but as much as I do like it there’s no way I could pull the trigger on it for anywhere near what he’s asking. If I were you, I’d keep your other one so you can boast having the sexiest shelf queen ever. Go crash some FC100 bodies instead, know what I mean?
He designed it. And supposedly its CFD analyzed and viable to 250mph (We'll see). The website claims they are limiting them to 500 - which to me seems kind of crazy if the demand is there for them. I know James has one - and I think Raz has one. A blessing from either of them is going is going to light a pretty big fire I think. Or it could be another world record body situation.
I'm thinking about sending the one I have left out to be professionally painted. Then I was going to get the few pieces I need to put my donor Limitless back together as a roller.

I agree it is a great looking body.
I only have one real concern and that is related to if the front of the body has enough downforce. Should you have any issues with lacking front downforce my recommendation would be to make some air dams for the sides of the splitter. This will force the air to act on the splitter more rather than go around it.
I was looking at that. It doesn't really come through that great in pictures, but if you look at the C100 and the 908 side by side the frontal area is pretty similar. Its just stretched out on the 908. And they aren't recommending running the splitter at all. The revised design has it tucked under just as an air blocker. So their belief is that the body makes enough downforce by itself. And I guess that could be the case as long as the rear doesn't have too much.
I'm just not fast enough yet to really be able to tell.
I do like your idea - I think some end fences would work well. I was also looking at doing some tire deflectors. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else do those.

He designed it. And supposedly its CFD analyzed and viable to 250mph (We'll see). The website claims they are limiting them to 500 - which to me seems kind of crazy if the demand is there for them. I know James has one - and I think Raz has one. A blessing from either of them is going is going to light a pretty big fire I think. Or it could be another world record body situation.
I'm thinking about sending the one I have left out to be professionally painted. Then I was going to get the few pieces I need to put my donor Limitless back together as a roller.

I was looking at that. It doesn't really come through that great in pictures, but if you look at the C100 and the 908 side by side the frontal area is pretty similar. Its just stretched out on the 908. And they aren't recommending running the splitter at all. The revised design has it tucked under just as an air blocker. So their belief is that the body makes enough downforce by itself. And I guess that could be the case as long as the rear doesn't have too much.
I'm just not fast enough yet to really be able to tell.
I do like your idea - I think some end fences would work well. I was also looking at doing some tire deflectors. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else do those.

Yeah, the concern I have is did they design it for how 1:1 cars run a mile-plus distance?
We have about 1/3 mile to get up to 200 mph within 6-10 seconds. It is more of a drag race type of scenario so the body calls for a different shape when looking at it from that perspective.

1683560536545.png

:) from technical point of view - "908" body exist :)

For some time now, in my free time, I've been trying to put it on my old Limitless chassis.

My main current goal is to see if the car will be faster on a previously proven chassis with a "comparable" GT body

Old yellow car was supposed to go on the shelf - to retire .... but... but back to game

Current look of car

Car used for test body: https://sites.google.com/view/jerryrcspeedrun

Now again I disassembled car again - need go to local "spring factory" and order custom springs 3x harder

View attachment 298278

Work in progress...

====

I will totally not go into any financial and business discussions at all - what costs how much and why.

In past I make car bodies by thermoforming at home for small buggies for my own needs. Then I built myself a second large thermoforming machine - just because I like tinkering - not because it would be cheaper. Just I like DIY.
Looks very nice ..I was going to ask if you planned on lowering the front.seems to high .but you mentioned you were going to get new springs so I'm sure you'll lower it some more ..and if by any chance you are going to keep it at that hight may I ask why ? Just like to see your view

If the front wheel openings were covered , wouldn't that be less drag ? The FC 100 cover has fender flares on the front that divert the air from entering the wheel .so in theory if the front wheels were covered like the rear wouldn't that be more aerodynamic ?

If the front wheel openings were covered , wouldn't that be less drag ? The FC 100 cover has fender flares on the front that divert the air from entering the wheel .so in theory if the front wheels were covered like the rear wouldn't that be more aerodynamic ?
It absolutely would be.
They didn't make this body with a ton of extra space. The fronts would rub *really* bad just going straight.
The only way I'm really getting away with it on the rear is because I think they based the width on a V2 Limitless. I've narrowed mine back down to V1 width so I can run CV's in the back. That extra few mm combined with some spacers behind the body give just barely enough room. The rear tires still rub, but not too bad.

The primary factor when talking about aerodynamic drag is the surface area when viewed from the front. If you're going to cover the front wheels openings, you're going to have to widen the body (but only if things like steering are important to you...if not...as you were...). The question will, inevitably, be: Is the increase in drag worth any benefits you might gain from closing them?

We have about 1/3 mile to get up to 200 mph within 6-10 seconds.

Problem LONG LONG road is more easy to solve...

than problem of 30000 rpm whell

====

Front downforce - in my Yellow car on front always was to much downforce
Black - not yet tested

1683570664654.png

With version of back whell covered we need add some "distance" element that moves the car body away from the wheels

1683571374056.png

The primary factor when talking about aerodynamic drag is the surface area when viewed from the front. If you're going to cover the front wheels openings, you're going to have to widen the body (but only if things like steering are important to you...if not...as you were...). The question will, inevitably, be: Is the increase in drag worth any benefits you might gain from closing them?
I think that if they were closed air wouldn't go into the body there for eliminating drag. Like the DP 8515 cover .less drag.correct?

Screenshot_20230508-145123.png

The primary factor when talking about aerodynamic drag is the surface area when viewed from the front. If you're going to cover the front wheels openings, you're going to have to widen the body (but only if things like steering are important to you...if not...as you were...).

Car for speedrun almost not need turn :) when we on end of track and turn back - we do it SLOW - and pushing body by whell for 20 second slow ride is not big deal.

Photo below show turn needed to about 4 meters circle

1683572066814.png

:-( :-( now I have a hole cut in the front of my 908 - and this idea need wait for next body

Looks very nice ..I was going to ask if you planned on lowering the front.seems to high .but you mentioned you were going to get new springs so I'm sure you'll lower it some more ..and if by any chance you are going to keep it at that hight may I ask why ? Just like to see your view

I always do the front lower than the back :)

The front and rear always have droop limit in the shock absorbers (pneumatic pipe on rod)

Even if you push the car with "all" your strength, it has no right to lie down on the ground

Has anyone ran this body with wheel openings coverd ?
No. No one has run the body at all. To my knowledge I'm the only one. I went 97 and the car went off because of some configuration weirdness with the 10px. I'm not trying again until some carbon parts I'm having made arrive and I get a few more bodies.
SP3SWJ will probably be the first one to put up any real numbers with one.

No. No one has run the body at all. To my knowledge I'm the only one. I went 97 and the car went off because of some configuration weirdness with the 10px. I'm not trying again until some carbon parts I'm having made arrive and I get a few more bodies.
Ok thanks.👍

I "driving" but very slowly, maybe up to 50mph - probably not faster due to the lack of a wing :)

That's why we can't call it driving with a capital letter D

I am not bathed in hot water - because I want to prepare the car well.

First, there will be 4S2P rides - but with a full weight load of 8S2P batteries on a short 700m track (I have this one a few minutes from home and easy access).

I care more about good Cx tests - reliable than about pushing to the max. That is why yesterday he removed the fast 1100 kV engine from the car - specially returning to the slower 800 kV.

As I wrote on my website, I specially push car an extra +5 seconds at the speed of 225km/h - which gave an additional 300 meters of driving, but luckily this track still had a kilometer to spare :)

Work is in progress - and I certainly will not take risky rides
If car will keep same speed - or faster with lower power consumption - I have "good news"

1683575435374.png

Naturally I already checked how big PINION can install... and will be prepared.

and maybe I finish my custom hi-rpm whell to test, new glue and compound waiting on desktop.

1683575874838.png

Last edited:
I think that if they were closed air wouldn't go into the body there for eliminating drag. Like the DP 8515 cover .less drag.correct?

View attachment 298350
And how is that supposed to work exactly? If you just close up the front wheel well, where are the wheels suppose to go when turning? The WR body is wider than the car to allow the wheels to turn under the body (though it does restrict the end point left/right a bit compared to open wheeled designs).

And how is that supposed to work exactly? If you just close up the front wheel well, where are the wheels suppose to go when turning? The WR body is wider than the car to allow the wheels to turn under the body (though it does restrict the end point left/right a bit compared to open wheeled designs).
If this cover isn't wide enough then it won't work unless you just plan on going straight lol .I don't know the dimensions of this cover and I was assuming the body had some play.meaning room for the wheels to turn enough. If the body is wide enough I think a covered body is more effective in aerodynamics.better flow and less drag .👍thank you for your question Mr turner 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back