A.A. 908 Project base on ARRMA Limitless - up to 250 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this cover isn't wide enough then it won't work unless you just plan on going straight lol .I don't know the dimensions of this cover and I was assuming the body had some play.meaning room for the wheels to turn enough. If the body is wide enough I think a covered body is more effective in aerodynamics.better flow and less drag .👍thank you for your question Mr turner 😁
Ok, sure. But we can see how wide the body is. There really isn't any "if" about it.
1683661327932.png

Yeah looks pretty tight ..but a shorter suspension would work if someone wanted to go that route.
The idea is good. I just think its a matter of practicality. The juice probably isn't worth the squeeze.
Shortening the a arms wouldn't be bad, sourcing a shorter CV shaft might be. Its not something I personally would want to machine.
I feel like there is still a lot we don't fully understand about these little cars. The world record body should have been about as perfect as you could get. But very few people are using them. Scorched as far as I know is the only car putting down good numbers with one.
James just went 214 on a short chassis GT with open wheels and just the side wings.

.James just went 214 on a short chassis GT with open wheels and just the side wings.
And that, my friends, is some crazy sh*t. Still trying to get my mind around that.

And that, my friends, is some crazy sh*t. Still trying to get my mind around that.
Yeah. Same. Its crazy how much information you can extract just from James showing us the bottom of the car.
He certainly doesn't seem to be worried about rear downforce, those back tires chunked out a lot worse than the fronts did.
Isn't even taping the front end. Splitter isn't trimmed to fit the body 100%, you can see it sticking out of the corners. Only running one body mount post for the front. No inner fenders in the front, but it does look like he's running some kind of inner fender in the rear. Looks like he's runnign full GPM arms and links. The short GT chassis got me. I just had to convert from full length to short after splitting my full in half.

Cool stuff. So I wonder what his 214 car would do just switching to a 908 body.

Yeah. Same. Its crazy how much information you can extract just from James showing us the bottom of the car.
He certainly doesn't seem to be worried about rear downforce, those back tires chunked out a lot worse than the fronts did.
Isn't even taping the front end. Splitter isn't trimmed to fit the body 100%, you can see it sticking out of the corners. Only running one body mount post for the front. No inner fenders in the front, but it does look like he's running some kind of inner fender in the rear. Looks like he's runnign full GPM arms and links. The short GT chassis got me. I just had to convert from full length to short after splitting my full in half.

I know he does not like the zero-toe setups in the rear. The "toe-in" is likely why you see the rear outer edges wearing like it does.

I have been anxious to see what the 908 body does at speeds over 170 MPH.

The 908 body wouldn’t fit his 328mm chassis.
I know he does not like the zero-toe setups in the rear. The "toe-in" is likely why you see the rear outer edges wearing like it does.

I have been anxious to see what the 908 body does at speeds over 170 MPH.
I’m running 1.3° toe in the rear with the Scorched rear blocks and pills. I didn’t want to go 0° either.

Talked to James about it earlier this afternoon. I specifically asked about if he thought it had enough front downforce and he said yes.
That was my only concern about this body...

The 908 body wouldn’t fit his 328mm chassis.

I’m running 1.3° toe in the rear with the Scorched rear blocks and pills. I didn’t want to go 0° either.
I don't think James is running a SWB chassis (I could be wrong but, I've never seen him use one on any of his Limitless/Infraction builds). I think by "short GT" chassis @Tirefryer426 meant the regular non-full-length chassis.
1684899302399.png

I don't think James is running a SWB chassis (I could be wrong but, I've never seen him use one on any of his Limitless/Infraction builds). I think by "short GT" chassis @Tirefryer426 meant the regular non-full-length chassis.
View attachment 301695
You’re absolutely correct. I should have read the earlier posts more thoroughly. When it was referred to several times as a “short GT” chassis I was thinking Typhon/SWB. It makes much more sense now.
Interestingly, in the comments under his 219 video, James said the car was “mostly all Arrma.” I had incorrectly assumed it was one of his Hobaos, but it was apparently a standard length Lim based chassis. Probably Scorched?
It‘s good to see him on a runway. Cool for him to have the opportunity to push the envelope in a stress free environment on a great surface.

I think James called that out because of how him and David (scorched) had both ben running custom stretched chassis.
He was calling out that this is a standard production-length chassis making it more impressive to do 219 without the space to fit 8 lipos.

paste again YT link to forum.

Spring work Super, less current draw in this same speed

only 4S test

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back