Limitless Ideal combo for my limitless recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countomar63

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Vendetta
Hi all,

The goals I have for my limitless are as follows: top speeds around 100mph and also the ability to swing around a corner when I feel like it.

I already have a castle XLX2 ESC, but I'm conflicted on which motor I should get.

I'm planning on running it on 6s all the time. I've considered TP motors, castle 1721, castle 1717, castle 2028 (overkill).

I'm just curious what setup you guys would recommend given my goals. Also interested in hearing what motors you've paired with your XLX2.

I did a scratch build and went XLX2/1721 and am happy with my choice. Gearing is essential no matter what combo, but I thought that the 1721 offered a good medium as my plans are similar to yours. I have started with parking lot bashing (w/ oem Infraction gearing) and it has gobs of power and with 2X40mm fans stays cool as a cucumber on 8s.

Hi all,

The goals I have for my limitless are as follows: top speeds around 100mph and also the ability to swing around a corner when I feel like it.

I already have a castle XLX2 ESC, but I'm conflicted on which motor I should get.

I'm planning on running it on 6s all the time. I've considered TP motors, castle 1721, castle 1717, castle 2028 (overkill).

I'm just curious what setup you guys would recommend given my goals. Also interested in hearing what motors you've paired with your XLX2.
Limitless V1 or V2?

If V2, I’d go 1721 1260kv, HW 5690, or a 56mm TP can less than 100mm long.

http://www.tppowerusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=445

It's a v2. That tp motor you linked is a 6 pole. I heard it's not good to run a 6 pole with XLX2?
Just keep the KV under 1400. And don't gear it stupid. I'm running XLX2 with a TP 5670 1450 geared 34/40 and so far, so good. But ask me again in a few weeks.......

It's a v2. That tp motor you linked is a 6 pole. I heard it's not good to run a 6 pole with XLX2?
RPM is the issue. Keep it under 40K RPM and you should be fine.

So if you truly stick to your 6S, then stay under ~1800kv. If you plan on 8S, then stay under ~1400kv.

Just keep the KV under 1400. And don't gear it stupid. I'm running XLX2 with a TP 5670 1450 geared 34/40 and so far, so good. But ask me again in a few weeks.......
Should have also noted that my rig is a custom SentLess, not a Limitless.

I did a scratch build and went XLX2/1721 and am happy with my choice. Gearing is essential no matter what combo, but I thought that the 1721 offered a good medium as my plans are similar to yours. I have started with parking lot bashing (w/ oem Infraction gearing) and it has gobs of power and with 2X40mm fans stays cool as a cucumber on 8s.
1260kv or 2400kv? I've always been curious about bashing a 2400kv. You don't see people do it often.

Should have also noted that my rig is a custom SentLess, not a Limitless.
Are you sure the 1721 is gonna fit in there? I don't know about Senton motor space but the Infraction v2 can't fit much more than a 1717.

Are you sure the 1721 is gonna fit in there? I don't know about Senton motor space but the Infraction v2 can't fit much more than a 1717.
limitless v2 has more motor and esc space than the infraction v2 but less lipo space.

Yes. The Limitless V2 is a different layout than the Infraction V2.

You can fit a TP motor longer than 100mm in a v2 limitless
Is it worth the extra weight though? I’m not sure you need more motor to comfortably hit the goals shared by @Countomar63

Don't have a 1721. It's a TP 5670 1450kv and it just made it with PPS mount flipped.
20240327_074638.jpg
20240327_074644.jpg
20240327_074920.jpg

Yes. The Limitless V2 is a different layout than the Infraction V2.

Is it worth the extra weight though? I’m not sure you need more motor to comfortably hit the goals shared by @Countomar63
Really depends on how hard you like to bash imo. I like the big ass motors in my on road cars because they don't get as hot. If he picked a big motor he could probably gear for that 100 mph and still bash with the same gearing zero problems.

Back