Talion Hobbywing Max6 esc with Hobbywing 5687 1100kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think that motor is definitely too much for both rigs but if I had to pick one i'd put it in the notorious because the talion supposed to be at least somewhat nimble lol.

Yea I was leaning more toward the Notorious due to it being a stunt truck I'm still debating if I wanna even put it in either it's in an Xmaxx atm
i think that motor is definitely too much for both rigs but if I had to pick one i'd put it in the notorious because the talion supposed to be at least somewhat nimble lol.

I don't see the big motor being responsive enough for a short wheel base Notorious. I think it would better suit the Talion.

That’s a heavy motor. It might be okay for ripping around but I wouldn’t put it in a jumper.

I don't see the big motor being responsive enough for a short wheel base Notorious. I think it would better suit the Talion.validnpiint

I don't see the big motor being responsive enough for a short wheel base Notorious. I think it would better suit the Talion.
You make a valid point

I'm in the opposite camp. Notoriouses are at their best with smaller motors that rev up fast. With the Talion you can massively over gear it and build one hell of a speed truck.

I'm in the opposite camp. Notoriouses are at their best with smaller motors that rev up fast. With the Talion you can massively over gear it and build one hell of a speed truck.
See I'm not looking to get speed with it Ive got my Limitless v2 build for that lol but I was thinking the Notorious due to it being a stunt truck for flips and what not in the air

None of the above..!!
In my opinion it's too much for those trucks, put it in the Talion and you'll ruin the handling or put it in the Notorious and you'll be exploding tyres every two minutes... 🤣🤣🤣

Apart from the weight issue, it’s also a pain to install that motor in an 1/8 scale car.

You need an aftermarket motor mount for 56mm motors.
You need 8mm pinions.
You have to shorten the motor shaft because it’s too long.

It’s a lot of work that probably isn’t worth it. I’d sell the motor and buy something smaller. 4985, 4292, etc. The classifieds section on this site sees a lot of views and items move quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back