Typhon A waste of money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, that is what you call an epic fail. Sh!t just exploded.
It is just a Slash with a metal chassis - going really fast into a guardrail. It caught too much air going downhill. I have a Typhon/Kraton/XO-1 hybrid that can hit well into the triple digits, & weighs 17lbs, over 20 with the 2 4s batteries :rolleyes: There's no way for it to leave the ground anytime soon unless I leave it outside during a tornado :LOL:

It is just a Slash with a metal chassis - going really fast into a guardrail. It caught too much air going downhill. I have a Typhon/Kraton/XO-1 hybrid that can hit well into the triple digits, & weighs 17lbs, over 20 with the 2 4s batteries :rolleyes: There's no way for it to leave the ground anytime soon unless I leave it outside during a tornado :LOL:
I heard that them catching air was a common problem around 115mph.

If your breaking that much poop and getting this frustrated about it, Get the fiddlestick out of the hobby on the real.. Your just gonna keep breaking poop and getting more and more pissed off about it.

Take it from someone whos been there, this ain;t your hobby bro
I really didn't want to say it. I'm glade that someone did. I have friends that know my hobby that I've been into for many years. They see the fun and enjoyment I get. They are not RC hobbyists, but get the itch and I'll help them start out with a decent rig. I'll share lipos etc to ease the $$ cost. But, they end up feeling like the OP here. It looks real easy and fun driving, but the reality is parts, parts and more parts at some point. if you can't grasp that, then this is not for you. RC is not for everyone. I know a guy who likes to video and just watch. He wont take the wheel. He knows he cant drive to save his life. He is really horrible and accepts that. We all know someone like that. He loves to watch the action. He became sort of my basher pitman and has taken some great video. He wants a drone now. I don't think he has what it takes for that. But he still is amazed at the tech and the fun of it. Now if I could get him into editing vids. I am sure he will do great. And get me on some Youtube..lol
But the reality is that some just can't drive. And some just get the wrong rig and expect it to do things it is not meant for. Put that combination together and the experience is horrible.
This OP has a combination of issues, but most importantly he is missing the patience. The only time my rig looked like that is when my new Factory Team kit RC10T got run over by a truck being stupid in traffic, I was young and stupid new to the hobby. I learned the hard way This hobby may not be for him. First glance of the picture and I saw the speed issue. The op's rig had to be going fast with that type of carnage. He felt that a 2 foot jump at 160MPH is doable. Obviously not. We all encourage others who have a new found interest in RC, but we are cautioned when we do that. If he wants to race at a track maybe a Typhon 6S Blx or Tekno EB48 would be more suited for him. Those are tanks. And more for the track.
Cassix, you have to relax, take a deep breath and remember its just a hobby. Perhaps it was a waste of your money, but maybe not for someone else. User input wasted your money. Own up dude.
Good news is we are here to help you sort out your carnage here at AF.:cool:

Last edited:
My advise is to buy the Typhon 6s (V3 or V4) I have the Typhon 6s V1 and Typhon 6s V4. I bashed the hell out of it and nothing broke.

Yesterday I went full speed in to a steel fence.... NOTHING BROKE!

So why buying the 3s version if there is a faster one with a better parts on it. The price isn't that higher

Attachments

• 20190426_204841.jpg
    20190426_204841.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190426_204738.jpg
    20190426_204738.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190426_205453.jpg
    20190426_205453.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 40
My advise is to buy the Typhon 6s (V3 or V4) I have the Typhon 6s V1 and Typhon 6s V4. I bashed the hell out of it and nothing broke.

So why buying the 3s version if there is a faster one with a better parts on it. The price isn't that higher
You bent the steel fence and nothing broke? Arrma tough baby?

I did a fence like that on a bike velodrome track coming into the bank turn with my Tekno at 48mph, I bent one wheel. That's all. It was stuck, so I had to unbolt the 2 wheels off to get it out from under the fence. Lol.
I think that the Arma 1/10 scale equivalents are sometimes expected to live up to their 1/8 scale counterparts. But they are 2 different animals. Price and durability wise. One will see a 1/8 scale 6S on Youtube and feel the 1/10 scale version that's less expensive can do the same.

Bash it, break it, fix it. These rigs are strong af, but accidents and crashes do happen, things break. But with time, learning to control the rig and gaining more experience will result in less breakages and more running time
Oh yes. I broke my notorious first run. But now I know that it was driver error. I now have 3 outcasts so I can beat the piss outta them and just grab a fixed one to continue my day. Amazing how much these trucks can take as well as how easy there are to break under load. My advice when landing stay off the throttle, worse case scenario hit the nose a little instead of ripping the throttle and overcorrecting. The picture show that you where over correcting and when they hit on one wheel lookout

Typhon low profile tires no good for big air???
I am curious about the wheels/tires on the Typhon - they are have such small sidewalls and very little absorption....should we really just not go for big air with wheels like that?
I have a 6s typhon, spent an hour doing nice med/small air jumps (maybe 15ft high ish) landing on grass all the time. The last jump I did, landed on all 4 wheels and it just killed it: twisted and bent up chassis plate, front drive shaft all bent + I noticed 2 of the wheels were broken. (Should not that I had 60 weight shock fluid in which should absorb more landing energy than stock)
Not sure when the wheels broke - could have been earlier - could have contributed to the final chassis slap that twisted everything up.
Regardless I wonder what the big air guys like Rich Duperbash - or any of our RC friends on this forum - have to say about the typhon stock tires?

(For the record my typhon Is now getting full hot-racing chassis braces, an M2C 4mill chassis (just arrived - what a gorgeous piece of machining) and is being trugified to fit big wheels and tires. Going to play with some stuffer Tecno springs as well?)

Typhon low profile tires no good for big air???
I am curious about the wheels/tires on the Typhon - they are have such small sidewalls and very little absorption....should we really just not go for big air with wheels like that?
I have a 6s typhon, spent an hour doing nice med/small air jumps (maybe 15ft high ish) landing on grass all the time. The last jump I did, landed on all 4 wheels and it just killed it: twisted and bent up chassis plate, front drive shaft all bent + I noticed 2 of the wheels were broken. (Should not that I had 60 weight shock fluid in which should absorb more landing energy than stock)
Not sure when the wheels broke - could have been earlier - could have contributed to the final chassis slap that twisted everything up.
Regardless I wonder what the big air guys like Rich Duperbash - or any of our RC friends on this forum - have to say about the typhon stock tires?

(For the record my typhon Is now getting full hot-racing chassis braces, an M2C 4mill chassis (just arrived - what a gorgeous piece of machining) and is being trugified to fit big wheels and tires. Going to play with some stuffer Tecno springs as well?)
The Tekno buggies have a much better selection of shocks than the truggies do :( . The stiffest longest Tekno springs for the ET48.3 are shorter and softer than the springs on the Kraton V3/V4. That reminds me I need to get some Kraton V3/V4 springs for my Outcast.

I really didn't want to say it. I'm glade that someone did. I have friends that know my hobby that I've been into for many years. They see the fun and enjoyment I get. They are not RC hobbyists, but get the itch and I'll help them start out with a decent rig. I'll share lipos etc to ease the $$ cost. But, they end up feeling like the OP here. It looks real easy and fun driving, but the reality is parts, parts and more parts at some point. if you can't grasp that, then this is not for you. RC is not for everyone. I know a guy who likes to video and just watch. He wont take the wheel. He knows he cant drive to save his life. He is really horrible and accepts that. We all know someone like that. He loves to watch the action. He became sort of my basher pitman and has taken some great video. He wants a drone now. I don't think he has what it takes for that. But he still is amazed at the tech and the fun of it. Now if I could get him into editing vids. I am sure he will do great. And get me on some Youtube..lol
But the reality is that some just can't drive. And some just get the wrong rig and expect it to do things it is not meant for. Put that combination together and the experience is horrible.
This OP has a combination of issues, but most importantly he is missing the patience. The only time my rig looked like that is when my new Factory Team kit RC10T got run over by a truck being stupid in traffic, I was young and stupid new to the hobby. I learned the hard way This hobby may not be for him. First glance of the picture and I saw the speed issue. The op's rig had to be going fast with that type of carnage. He felt that a 2 foot jump at 160MPH is doable. Obviously not. We all encourage others who have a new found interest in RC, but we are cautioned when we do that. If he wants to race at a track maybe a Typhon 6S Blx or Tekno EB48 would be more suited for him. Those are tanks. And more for the track.
Cassix, you have to relax, take a deep breath and remember its just a hobby. Perhaps it was a waste of your money, but maybe not for someone else. User input wasted your money. Own up dude.
Good news is we are here to help you sort out your carnage here at AF.:cool:
Well put

Rare to see pics that illustrate so well...good job!

Back