Typhon A waste of money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I went out and got the typhoon 3s cuz I figured that'd be enough for me and I don't have but an hour on the whole thing and everytime I take it out take one jump something breaks. I'm getting really tired of having to replace something every time I turn it on. I broke the bottom of a shark on a two-foot jump after one lap around the track. I come to the RC track and people give me crap because I'm there for two hours and I'm actually running for maybe five minutes and working on my car's the rest of the time so if I have any advice for anybody out there it would be to stay away from the Typhon 3s because it is it is just pure crap in my opinion of course.

IMG_20190322_221946.jpg
IMG_20190421_153510.jpg
IMG_20190420_172549.jpg
IMG_20190416_194532.jpg

That sucks man I remember when I first coverted my granite mega 4x4 to brushless and almost every time I took it out it would break. I would suggest instead of just replacing Stuff you should bide your time and just upgrade stuff. Also be aware that no car is absolute bulletproof I actually don't try to jump my typhon too often because it has smaller wheels and if I do i don't shoot for anything extravagant. I would suggest perhaps getting bigger tires and swapping the shocks for some of the 6s or something sturdier. It's definitely not cheap and frustrating to keep breaking stuff I understand.

Picture #2 and #4 looks like something is very easy fix, but pics #1 and #4 you had to be going at high speeds to do that or super high jumps.

That looks like the damage of an inexperienced driver. My opinion of course.
And exaggerated height of jumps. Looks like it was crashed and crashed extremely hard.

I crashed my Typhon a few times in this video and nothing broke.

If your breaking that much poop and getting this frustrated about it, Get the fiddlestick out of the hobby on the real.. Your just gonna keep breaking poop and getting more and more pissed off about it.

Take it from someone whos been there, this ain;t your hobby bro :D

Those pics are taken at night onroad... you've hit something doing a speed run, what do you expect?

Think what he meant to say is the Typhon is way too much for him to handle. I think a nice La Trax Teton would be a much better option for this guy. Won't have to worry about hitting anything in costco parking lot at 45mph so problem solved :LOL:

...so if I have any advice for anybody out there it would be to stay away from the Typhon 3s because it is it is just pure crap in my opinion of course.
Yep totally @bicketybam . :rolleyes:
It's like when I was younger I crashed a Seat Ibiza at 45mph+ into a wall and rolled it down a hill where I live. I wasn't hurt too badly but the car was all bent and broken, ...in fact the insurance company wrote it off so I had to buy another car to drive to work in!

What sort of cheaply made rubbish can't stand being driven into solid objects at high speed?!
Seat made cars are pure crap I always tell people now for that very reason. :cautious:

*^^ Heavy sarcasm ^^* :ROFLMAO:

It's your fault not the car. Nothing gone to take a hit like that and come out unscathed. Like driving your car on Interstate and plowing into a guardrail. What the heck do you expect! Just being real with you . May be time to find another hobby.

Back