ABS+ verry brittle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheilmd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
I printed some body posts for my arrma today. the print looked good so no visible defects or anything but with the smallest pressure they snap. had some printed with PLA+ and to my surprise the are unbreakable. am i doing something wrong? only thing i can think of is that the ABS filament dries to fast and its nog bonding with the previous layer.

I printed some body posts for my arrma today. the print looked good so no visible defects or anything but with the smallest pressure they snap. had some printed with PLA+ and to my surprise the are unbreakable. am i doing something wrong? only thing i can think of is that the ABS filament dries to fast and its nog bonding with the previous layer.

What printer are you using?
What temperatures and speeds??

Note-
ABS
Needs to be kept Real Dry AND in a heated chamber to print optimally..

So, what drying solution(s) have you implemented?
And
Is your printer Fully enclosed??

Also, let us see the failed prints. So we can better diagnose the issues.

You can post them here or
under the Failed Prints thread >>
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/failed-3d-prints-lets-see-what-youve-got.61265/

Last edited:
And what orientation did you print them in?

What printer are you using?
What temperatures and speeds??

Note-
ABS
Needs to be kept Real Dry AND in a heated chamber to print optimally..

So, what drying solution(s) have you implemented?
And
Is your printer Fully enclosed??

Also, let us see the failed prints. So we can better diagnose the issues.

You can post them here or
under the Failed Prints thread >>
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/failed-3d-prints-lets-see-what-youve-got.61265/

Printer is Creality K1 Max (fully enclosed)
ABS is a brand new roll Esun ABS+
Speed at 100mm/s
Temp is 260C or 500F

Print of Benchy is spotless. Picture of the broken part wil follow...

Printing any small cylinder standing up makes it very weak because it will always break along the layer lines. Trying printing it laying down, I know it's a pain to have to use supports and it's not as clean but it will be a lot stronger.

Printing any small cylinder standing up makes it very weak because it will always break along the layer lines. Trying printing it laying down, I know it's a pain to have to use supports and it's not as clean but it will be a lot stronger.
After you asked me which orientation i printed it, it made sense. Thank you!
I will try again tomorrow and post te resault.

Last edited:
Today i printed the body post horizontal and its much much stronger. i could say unbreakable with "normal" force.
Only the brim makes it kind of square on one side and has to be filed.
Next try is printing it without the brim ;)

Today i printed the body post horizontal and its much much stronger. i could say unbreakable with "normal" force.
Only the brim makes it kind of square on one side and has to be filed.
Next try is printing it without the brim ;)

Use a deburring tool to help with brim clean up..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back