Big Rock Center Driveshaft "High Speed Support"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So, "my friend" is an idiot and can't figure out how to get the center drive to engage with the inputs on the rear and front diffs, while seating the bearing in the high-speed support bracket. How can I explain it to him? Keep in mind, he's very dumb and needs things explained to him as you would explain things to a slower-than-usual child. And "my friend" is absolutely NOT me. No way. No how.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Thanks for any help, in advance!

I install on the front of the shaft on the input then lower the back down. Get the bearing in. Then let the rear of the shaft sit against the input and roll the truck with the front tires off the ground to turn the input and align it with the shaft. It will pop itself in. 🤷‍♂️

So, "my friend" is an idiot and can't figure out how to get the center drive to engage with the inputs on the rear and front diffs, while seating the bearing in the high-speed support bracket. How can I explain it to him? Keep in mind, he's very dumb and needs things explained to him as you would explain things to a slower-than-usual child. And "my friend" is absolutely NOT me. No way. No how.
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Thanks for any help, in advance!

Slip the bearing over the thicker shaft side of the center driveshaft,
and then load it onto the front diff then making sure the bearing lines up with its support on the chassis and slip the rear half into the rear diff. 👍

You(r friend) can do this! 🍺

I do Rear spline first, shaft angled just above bearing carrier, compress front of shaft and lower it down into bearing carrier, release and it will engage the front spline..

But it can be opposite as well, as stated above.. 👍

Thanks for the help everyone. I figured out I had the support on backwards. I reversed it, and got it to work...sort of.

It's still a pain IMO. I've broken 2 of those plastic pieces. On a scale of 1-10, how necessary is that support piece and bearing? Can I just run the rig with nothing on that center drive?

Thanks for the help everyone. I figured out I had the support on backwards. I reversed it, and got it to work...sort of.

It's still a pain IMO. I've broken 2 of those plastic pieces. On a scale of 1-10, how necessary is that support piece and bearing? Can I just run the rig with nothing on that center drive?

Which vehicle do you have?

Need to physically show him how its done. Several times. Some people only learn by visually being shown the prodcedure. Then by doing it over and over becomes muscle memory. Natural for some. Many noobs simply aren't cut out for this RC stuff. Have many friends who tried RC and it wasn't for them. Some of us eat this stuff for breakfast, many others far from it.
With Experience takes time and patience. You can do it if you want to.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you for the head's up. I got it seated properly. I will definitely order an aluminum upgrade ASAP. Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back