Adding HS/Fan to Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids929

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
This is likely a dumb question, but here goes. I ordered a Hot Racing heatsink and fan kit for my Kraton 6s and I scratching my head as to where this fan will get power from. I don't see any open slots on the ESC. Where do I put the power lead to power the fan?

thank you!

You can either buy/make a splitter from the ESC where the ESC fan plugs in or run a wire to the receiver box and plug into an available channel

That kit looks like it has an inline adapter that goes between your battery and ESC that provides power for the fan - so as long as you are still using the EC5/IC5 connectors on the battery/ESC, you shouldn't need anything else.

That kit looks like it has an inline adapter that goes between your battery and ESC that provides power for the fan - so as long as you are still using the EC5/IC5 connectors on the battery/ESC, you shouldn't need anything else.

So then I need to cut into a wire and adapt it? Sorry confused. Looks like the fan for the esc might go into the receiver. and yes using all spektrum smart batteries with ic5.
I see where the fan for the plugs into the ESC, so I assume I start there?

So then I need to cut into a wire and adapt it? Sorry confused. Looks like the fan for the esc might go into the receiver. and yes using all spektrum smart batteries with ic5.

The connections should be made like this:

HR_Fan.jpg

Ok I think I am getting it now that I have the truck opened up...basically use the deans adapter inline with battery and ESC. So starting from battery it would go battery lead>>to deans adapter>>to ESC lead.

My question is, can this deans adapter live on my open ECS lead that has the jumper in it now or does it have to be on the lead connected directly to the battery? I have a 6s (not two 3s) battery so if I can do that this might work well.

Ok I think I am getting it now that I have the truck opened up...basically use the deans adapter inline with battery and ESC. So starting from battery it would go battery lead>>to deans adapter>>to ESC lead.

My question is, can this deans adapter live on my open ECS lead that has the jumper in it now or does it have to be on the lead connected directly to the battery? I have a 6s (not two 3s) battery so if I can do that this might work well.

To be honest, I've never dealt with this type of inline system before so I can't comment on specifics. But I believe you can't run it off the lead that has the jumper on it because the two points where the mini Deans is tapping off the battery leads will be at the same voltage potential.

It looks like a 14.8V fan based on the label, and 6S is nominally 22.2 volts (3.7*6) - so not sure how much overvoltage it can handle. What do the instructions say? Sorry, I usually run fan systems that are powered off the ESC fan port or receiver port and so those are nominally ~5V systems

To be honest, I've never dealt with this type of inline system before so I can't comment on specifics. But I believe you can't run it off the lead that has the jumper on it because the two points where the mini Deans is tapping off the battery leads will be at the same voltage potential.

It looks like a 14.8V fan based on the label, and 6S is nominally 22.2 volts (3.7*6) - so not sure how much overvoltage it can handle. What do the instructions say? Sorry, I usually run fan systems that are powered off the ESC fan port or receiver port and so those are nominally ~5V systems

yes great observation. I can always splice into the existing fan wire in the ESC. is there a good connector for that approach?

Probably a Futaba style Y harness like this: https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-Futaba-Harness-Splitter-Airplane/dp/B07PHDYZXN/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1

and just cut off one of the ends and wire it into your fan. But if that fan is 14.8V, you might have less than stellar performance at 5V.

Ok thanks for all your help! much appreicated! I will run it for a while if it burns out I will scrap it and get lower voltage fan or another route. I was looking for plug and play but might not be best idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back