Kraton Advice for 6s running on the arrma 6s blx models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushlessdude19

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
hi there just wandering how often do you guys service your diffs on 6s

Last edited:
Whenever they need it, i pretty much locked my center diff with million wt and front and back with 100,000 wt, i had it laying around, this wouldn't suit many people but 6 months on its still all in there, like day one. Don't look for problems.

When they start clicking under power or heavy braking the teeth are worn, rounded and/or chipped.
Sometimes I can go a month on a diff, sometimes 6 months, whenever they wear completely out, they get replaced

if you shim your gears correctly and drive like a grandma you'll be fine for a long long time.

things that tend to break diff gears = landing a jump under heavy throttle (you should land at 0%-50% throttle) and standing back flips.

Running 100/300/100 in my outcast and lately only getting 3-4 bash sessions (month or two of 6-8 sets of 5000mah 3S packs) through it before frying a ring or pinion. I just ordered diff #6. I lost one front diff due to stripped diff cap screws when on 4S for 6 months. Then one rear diff to a blown bearing, one rear diff due to stripped diff cap screws, 2 more rear diffs to 6S. I have my punch at 5 or 6 I believe.

I bash mine pretty hard and typically am landing on grass. No dirt driving. Either concrete skate park or grass bmx track. Guessing the high traction combined with trencher 3.8's is what's hurting me the most. Was hoping lightening up the center diff oil would help a bit. Made it easier to drive, but didn't seem to help rear diff life. Guess it only takes one hard on power landing, like when trying to recover from a bad launch. If there's an abundance of grip, the energy has to go somewhere.

So if i shim my diffs and keep my bearings maintained then these diffs will be good for a long time ?

I don't know if I am just lucky but. Never shim my diff or changed bearings. But from right out of the box I changed diff fluid 100,000 front 1 million center and 250,000 rear. Punch set to 9 from day one. I bash it hard and send it as often as I can. I have run at least 50+ 6s packs through it. I did how ever set my radio to roll into the accel. It will ramp to full throttle within .65 of a sec which really keeps the wheelies down and the sudden burst of torque to the diff. Still on same diffs and just had them apart to change to fresh fluid and everything looks great and mesh is still perfect. It is only about a month old so maybe arrma fixed that issue with the newer ones???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back