Kraton Advice on Pinion Gear, Extras, and Setup for EzRun MAX6 G2 Combo on Kraton 6s EXB2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never question Mo’ Powah with cooler temps!! Once you experience the improved control and sustainable torque of an 8S G2 HW sensored system, it makes everything else seem lackluster.

We all know it means more fun, both bashing AND fixing/improving! That reminds me I need to get this thing off the shelf, video was shot on only 6S...

Well, if im running on grass for anything longer than 5ish minutes (not even gunning it, just grass cruising) it’ll get upto 180 real quick. And im not 100% on how accurate the DX5c’s temp readings are but shows my ESC is up around 160+ pretty quick to.
I can manage the temps while driving it, but that’s a lot less fun.
I’ve learned an astronomical amount in a very very short period of time.
How to drive it, jump it, clean it etc. anyways surely the new motor esc will kick ass. And I’ll use these spektrums in whatever I build next 💪
my DX5 and Spektrum ESC temps are always around 20 degrees warmer compared to external infrared @ hottest capacitor(middle). It’s a great reference and I’ve had a heavily geared Firma 160 to 200-210F multiple times before switching to the Max 6g2 combo. We’ll find out how much cooler it runs mid-summer. The only drawback is you have to keep the RC close enough for Bluetooth.

Never question Mo’ Powah with cooler temps!! Once you experience the improved control and sustainable torque of an 8S G2 HW sensored system, it makes everything else seem lackluster.

We all know it means more fun, both bashing AND fixing/improving! That reminds me I need to get this thing off the shelf, video was shot on only 6S...

my DX5 and Spektrum ESC temps are always around 20 degrees warmer compared to external infrared @ hottest capacitor(middle). It’s a great reference and I’ve had a heavily geared Firma 160 to 200-210F multiple times before switching to the Max 6g2 combo. We’ll find out how much cooler it runs mid-summer.
Hell yah man!! I can’t wait. Did you drill some holes in your ESC plate? I ordered an m2c one but prolly won’t be here till next week.
And yeah as it gets a good bit warmer now not even (hot) yet im thinking that new motor and esc should make my bashes much more enjoyable not needing to check temps every 10 minutes

Oh hell yeah man. I’ve been into those diffs atleast 5-6 times. I’ve changed my oil and LSD setup 3 times now trying to find a sweet spot

I know it seems kind of crazy, I run mine on a 15t as well. Perhaps it is just me? Idk. But my fireteam similar setup, tire wise, widened +10, doesn’t even close to as hot.
What kind of temps do you see, let’s say if your just running on street for 10 mins you think?
Then same for grass
Honestly I've yet to hit mine with a temp gun because I can hammer it around the yard and touch the back of the motor and it's just warm. There's always the possibility that the bearings in the motor are bad causing it to heat up. If that's the case get a hold of Horizon. They have a 2 year warranty and they'll send you a new motor. Are you running the factory esc and motor fan?

Honestly I've yet to hit mine with a temp gun because I can hammer it around the yard and touch the back of the motor and it's just warm. There's always the possibility that the bearings in the motor are bad causing it to heat up. If that's the case get a hold of Horizon. They have a 2 year warranty and they'll send you a new motor. Are you running the factory esc and motor fan?
Well lol, I checked the motor bearings actually like 2 weeks ago and they seemed to be ok. And yah for sure it’s the stock esc and fan on it

Well lol, I checked the motor bearings actually like 2 weeks ago and they seemed to be ok. And yah for sure it’s the stock esc and fan on it
Sometimes they can be gritty and you not know it without having them out of the motor, that's how my 4s outcast was before I installed trb hybrid bearings. I would highly recommend upgrading your fans to rocket fans. I'm running the 35mm rocket on the esc which is the factory size fan. I was running a 35mm rocket on the heatsink until I changed the pinion. Then I installed the dual 40mm rocket fan kit from Campsite Carbon, highly highly recommend!

20240415_213257.jpg

Hell yah man!! I can’t wait. Did you drill some holes in your ESC plate? I ordered an m2c one but prolly won’t be here till next week.
And yeah as it gets a good bit warmer now not even (hot) yet im thinking that new motor and esc should make my bashes much more enjoyable not needing to check temps every 10 minutes

Never have had an issue with it loosening 👍🏼

Sometimes they can be gritty and you not know it without having them out of the motor, that's how my 4s outcast was before I installed trb hybrid bearings. I would highly recommend upgrading your fans to rocket fans. I'm running the 35mm rocket on the esc which is the factory size fan. I was running a 35mm rocket on the heatsink until I changed the pinion. Then I installed the dual 40mm rocket fan kit from Campsite Carbon, highly highly recommend!

View attachment 368033
I have that exact same campsite carbon mount! Well I’ve got the flat covers instead of the duct style. Maaan I also got a rocket fan for the esc but couldn’t fit that fugger in there. It seemed like the capacitors were getting in the way of getting the cover on

I have that exact same campsite carbon mount! Well I’ve got the flat covers instead of the duct style. Maaan I also got a rocket fan for the esc but couldn’t fit that fugger in there. It seemed like the capacitors were getting in the way of getting the cover on
Dang that's crazy! I fit mine under the factory esc cover, it was a little snug but fit!

Yea they're garbage. You need to get a temp gun, doesn't have to be an expensive one. I ordered one off Amazon another forum member uses and recommended, it's been a game changer and made me quit paying attention to the temp reading my dx5 rugged gives

Here it is

KIZEN Infrared Thermometer Gun (LaserPro LP300) - Handheld Heat Temperature Gun for Cooking, Pizza Oven, Grill & Engine - Laser Surface Temp Reader -58F to 1112F - NOT for Humans, digital https://a.co/d/9RZ4MZC
Got ya got ya, I actually did grab one of these about a month ago. Only way I’ve known it’s actually been overheating. It’s thermal shutdown on me twice (think that’s what it’s called).
But I use this one https://a.co/d/8QA12Zb

Got ya got ya, I actually did grab one of these about a month ago. Only way I’ve known it’s actually been overheating. It’s thermal shutdown on me twice (think that’s what it’s called).
But I use this one https://a.co/d/8QA12Zb
Seriously?? Something definitely aint right. I've never had mine thermal on me. I would reach out to Horizon, take some pics of your temp readings to show them. They've been pretty good to me when it comes to warranty

Seriously?? Something definitely aint right. I've never had mine thermal on me. I would reach out to Horizon, take some pics of your temp readings to show them. They've been pretty good to me when it comes to warranty
10 4! Man so just about 2 weeks ago I noticed a wire coming from my esc to power lead was ripped out or something, it was the cap pack wire. I contacted them, and no fuss at all they sent me a whole new one. Spot on in my book HH

10 4! Man so just about 2 weeks ago I noticed a wire coming from my esc to power lead was ripped out or something, it was the cap pack wire. I contacted them, and no fuss at all they sent me a whole new one. Spot on in my book HH
Yea they're pretty awesome to deal with no doubt. I think you've got some motor bearings on their way out, I don't know of much else that would cause that aside from an insane drivetrain drag

Yea they're pretty awesome to deal with no doubt. I think you've got some motor bearings on their way out, I don't know of much else that would cause that aside from an insane drivetrain drag
Very well could be, I’ve got most of it disassembled right now. Might open it up just out of curiosity for now. Tho 2 of my center diff mount screws just stripped out, real bad. Any tips for a fix ?

Very well could be, I’ve got most of it disassembled right now. Might open it up just out of curiosity for now. Tho 2 of my center diff mount screws just stripped out, real bad. Any tips for a fix ?
Might as well, it's only taking the pinion off, 3 screws holding the end cap into the motor and it's apart. Which ones exactly are they?

Might as well, it's only taking the pinion off, 3 screws holding the end cap into the motor and it's apart. Which ones exactly are they?
The 2 more middle screws of the 3 total. fiddlestick!

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpeg
    IMG_2784.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 16
Back