Kraton Advice on Pinion Gear, Extras, and Setup for EzRun MAX6 G2 Combo on Kraton 6s EXB2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea for sure, perfect time
Hey man quick question, do you have any knowledge of shocks? Lol so I think that m2c chassis might have put me over these springs threshold? plus all the other upgrades I have on this thing. Front is sagging a lot, has 1325 cst oil in. In the picture look at the front 2 cvds

IMG_2810.jpeg

Hey man quick question, do you have any knowledge of shocks? Lol so I think that m2c chassis might have put me over these springs threshold? plus all the other upgrades I have on this thing. Front is sagging a lot, has 1325 cst oil in. In the picture look at the front 2 cvds

View attachment 368714
Damn dude she heavy and sagging for sure. What's your droop screw setting look like?

Damn dude she heavy and sagging for sure. What's your droop screw setting look like?
The chassis came with a set of 4 droop screws, the mushroom style ones. I’ve got 4 plastic washers on esch screw so it’s pretty solid

Yah I just checked, it’s definitely the weight haha my droop is perfect 🤷

The chassis came with a set of 4 droop screws, the mushroom style ones. I’ve got 4 plastic washers on esch screw so it’s pretty solid

Yah I just checked, it’s definitely the weight haha my droop is perfect 🤷
I think they offer a heavier spring rate for the shocks than what comes on them, I would get those

I think they offer a heavier spring rate for the shocks than what comes on them, I would get those
Right right I’ve looked at some, I’ve actually got a set of heavy springs from that east tactics video a while back. There incredible for bashing but not great on the street, handles bad at high speed. So I threw the stock ones back on, but that new chassis and motor I guess was to much, cus those springs are creaky now 😆

Hey all, had some quick questions about new motor & ESC I just bought for my Kraton 6s EXB2.
I ordered the EzRun MAX6 G2 Combo MAX6 G2 + 4990SD 1650KV. From what I’ve seen and read it is one of the best combos for the 6s lineup. Almost went with the castle 1717 but damn over 100$ more. Anyways, still a noob to the hobby had some general questions;
Any recommendations on a good solid pinion to start with? 22T perhaps? I do general park bashing, jumping ditches, good amount of grass and dirt track roaming.
Also, do I need to get anything extra like a programmer or anything?
I have many fans and such, would it be necessary to throw one on anyways?
I’ve got the m2c adjustable motor mount so I know figment shouldn’t be an issue, thanks in advance
If you multiply 2050(stock kv) by whatever pinion you are running say 16 it comes out to 32800 then divide that number by 1650 it comes out to 19.8 (20) that’s how I size my pinions
I know a Kraton, Outcast will run about 65 with a 17 tooth stock. That’s just a benchmark I made testing with a dynamite GPS. I’m running that same combo on a 22 with a hyper flow fan on the motor and ESC. Beef that thing up. That’s a powerhouse ESC and Motor! It runs almost as strong on 6s as my Castle 1717 on 8s

If you multiply 2050(stock kv) by whatever pinion you are running say 16 it comes out to 32800 then divide that number by 1650 it comes out to 19.8 (20) that’s how I size my pinions
I know a Kraton, Outcast will run about 65 with a 17 tooth stock. That’s just a benchmark I made testing with a dynamite GPS. I’m running that same combo on a 22 with a hyper flow fan on the motor and ESC. Beef that thing up. That’s a powerhouse ESC and Motor! It runs almost as strong on 6s as my Castle 1717 on 8s
Wow that’s pretty damn genius! I will most definitely be using that haha. So a 20t was a good start? Oh yah man im so excited about it, gonna go for my first bash with it today. Doing some shock maintenance right now.
That M2C chassis and the motors extra weight was causing a lot of sag on my suspension

@Johnboy5586 hey man, so I got in a good bash session today! Went thru a pack mostly just street roaming and a little bit of grass, highest temp I saw was 111 on the motor.
Then loaded in another pack and did some heavy grass bashing and only saw 141!
Now I did have my dual fans going on the motor since it was 91F outside. But damn thats absolutely incredible on a 20t pinion!

But.. something weird happened, towards the end of my first pack, the truck wouldn’t go anymore. Was still on and could steer. Turned it off and inspected, turns out my 2 BEST damn lipo’s, my gensacearespammers 6800 120c were all swollen and puffy.
There only 3 months old. No idea what caused it, but that sucks.
Perhaps coincidence? Idk

IMG_2811.jpeg

@Johnboy5586 hey man, so I got in a good bash session today! Went thru a pack mostly just street roaming and a little bit of grass, highest temp I saw was 111 on the motor.
Now I did have my dual fans going on the motor since it was 91F outside. But damn thats absolutely incredible on a 20t pinion!

But.. something weird happened, towards the end of my first pack, the truck wouldn’t go anymore. Was still on and could steer. Turned it off and inspected, turns out my 2 BEST damn lipo’s, my gensacearespammers 6800 120c were all swollen and puffy.
Perhaps coincidence? Idk

View attachment 368847
Dude that's really good on temps for sure! I'm pretty impressed. That sucks @$$ on the lipos though. I was going to get those but for the cost I just got the cnhl's and honestly haven't looked back

Dude that's really good on temps for sure! I'm pretty impressed. That sucks @$$ on the lipos though. I was going to get those but for the cost I just got the cnhl's and honestly haven't looked back
Well other then whatever happened to them tho is time, they are undeniably the best damn batteries I know of. Tried and true 6800 mah, I will for sure get more. They are a bit expensive but so worth it. That’s what sucks about whatever’s going on with them

Perhaps coincidence? Idk

View attachment 368847
I was told by LHS employee that even 6s with the larger Max 6 and motors at 1650kv and under really stress the batteries becauseof increasedresistance. He recommended going 8s. More volts. Mine no longer thermals, and runs a little cooler. A little bit. The cheap 4092 still gets hot, but the ESC is a lot better off. Running two ho hum Lectron Pros 50c 5200mah 4s. They're holding up so far, and with an old charger that doesn't tell what the IR is. Internal resistance.

I was told by LHS employee that even 6s with the larger Max 6 and motors at 1650kv and under really stress the batteries becauseof increasedresistance. He recommended going 8s. More volts. Mine no longer thermals, and runs a little cooler. A little bit. The cheap 4092 still gets hot, but the ESC is a lot better off. Running two ho hum Lectron Pros 50c 5200mah 4s. They're holding up so far, and with an old charger that doesn't tell what the IR is. Internal resistance.
Well damn that is interesting.. sounds like something to do some testing with perhaps.
I’ve got a really good charger, but I’ve got no clue what the internal resistance is, like what the reading is?

Well damn that is interesting.. sounds like something to do some testing with perhaps.
I’ve got a really good charger, but I’ve got no clue what the internal resistance is, like what the reading is?
Yes. If it's a 'better' charger, there should be a way to check the internal resistance of each cell in your lipos. Mine doesn't have that. Bought mine from the LHS around 7 years ago. But running 8s in my much heavier than stock Kraton 6s actually is easier on the Max 6 ESC.

Big power systems will stress test lipo cells, apparently your brand isn’t up to the task. My max 6g2 ate up a Zeee 6S 100c pack so I only run cnhl g+ on it now.
Hey so I saw you and johnboy mention some cnhl batteries? What are these, they good or just cheap?
Cus I’d like to figure this out before I go burn up my Zee batteries to

Back