Almost broke a leg Sunday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have another girl friend who is really good at baking bread though

1692274319055.jpeg

I own a fireteam and was recently driving it somewhere outside. I stopped it because i had to tie my shoe-lace and all of a sudden, the fireteam took off by itself at quite a speed, hitting someone's front-door which by chance turned it towards me and i could catch it. Could not stop it when i lifted it and it scorched my finger (hurt for days).

Turned out i accidentaly rotated the throttle knob on the transmitter and that signal came in a bit later as it took off.

Luckily no-one except me a bit, got hurt. But man these large scales, when they go without control they are bloody scary!

Kids get the toy grade stuff in my book. Other wise handing over an expert level RC car to a kid and trying to teach him where the brakes are is just irresponsible. I taught my son when he was 5 yo. with the Toys first. He learned the Brake, Thr and Rev first, years before he got his hands on his own 6s Infr and 6s Notorious. But accidents do happen, out of nowhere.
Ya got me, I’m irresponsible 🤷‍♂️. Actually being irresponsible is a lifestyle for me 😉, i guess we could all use a Steve on site before making such decisions, but alas…

"Almost broke a leg Sunday"​

Is this a Sunday thing?
If we actually break a leg, can we still post?

Preferably not..

Let's practice Safe RC-ing and Not loose any appendages.

Preferably not..

Let's practice Safe RC-ing and Not loose any appendages.
Agreed.. my bro almost got me with his M2C'd slug on Saturday.. I told him, only on Sunday's pal!!😉😁🍻
But yeah, seriously, I almost fell over backwards when he lost control coming down the front straight at KnowAir raceway. Got outta shape, we stand at the top of the hill about 4 foot above the track. There are concrete girders holding the dirt back where the lot was raised before building the garage. I have sand bags stacked at the end of the concrete to prevent a collision with..his Sludge got airborne off the sandbags..😳😖😟 whew, thankfully the sand bags slowed the momentum enough. Wouldn't have been my legs though, was headed much higher..😏😉🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back