Almost broke a leg Sunday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Decided to take my DBXLE with me to my uncles house Sunday. Ran it for a few, then had a stroke of pure genius…
Why don’t I hand over the radio of a 40+lb buggy that will move much faster than it probably should, to a 9 year old that has never run a hobby grade RC before? Needless to say, before long, it was coming at me at a pretty good clip, and I only had time to lift my left leg as it grazed the inside of my right shoe as it went by. If I had not done that, I’m pretty sure it would have awarded me a cast and a permanent limp. Damn I’m stupid sometimes.

Moral of the story? Let him run the MT10 next time, and work on cardio.

Decided to take my DBXLE with me to my uncles house Sunday. Ran it for a few, then had a stroke of pure genius…
Why don’t I hand over the radio of a 40+lb buggy that will move much faster than it probably should, to a 9 year old that has never run a hobby grade RC before? Needless to say, before long, it was coming at me at a pretty good clip, and I only had time to lift my left leg as it grazed the inside of my right shoe as it went by. If I had not done that, I’m pretty sure it would have awarded me a cast and a permanent limp. Damn I’m stupid sometimes.

Moral of the story? Let him run the MT10 next time, and work on cardio.

Buddy,
Sounds like YOU just used up one of your 9 lives.. That would have cost you a whole foot or half a leg!

Glad you had the reflexes and survived the experience ,intact!

Buddy,
Sounds like YOU just used up one of your 9 lives.. That would have cost you a whole foot or half a leg!

Glad you had the reflexes and survived the experience ,intact!
Me too man, that would have been a very painful learning experience.

Stupid is..🤣 Sorry, couldn't help myself. Glad ya made it through in one piece!!👍
Had an incident about 12 years ago where we brought rc's on vacation to the beach. Wifey had her Redcat Avalanche 1/8 MT, 4s, our nephew was digging a hole, was maybe 4 or 5 years old. The hole was deep enough he was down in it. Some random 4 year old had been watching us run the rc's, wanted to try. Wifey was holding the controller with him, kid grabbed full throttle and nephew stood up just in time to have the rc smack him right in the chest!! Knocking him backwards in the hole, he had tire tracks on his chest but wasn't actually hurt! Wow!! He cried, but more from fear I suspect..wifey promptly handed me the controller, put this thing away!! She was mortified.. Idk if she ever even used it again after that TBH.

Stupid is..🤣 Sorry, couldn't help myself. Glad ya made it through in one piece!!👍
Had an incident about 12 years ago where we brought rc's on vacation to the beach. Wifey had her Redcat Avalanche 1/8 MT, 4s, our nephew was digging a hole, was maybe 4 or 5 years old. The hole was deep enough he was down in it. Some random 4 year old had been watching us run the rc's, wanted to try. Wifey was holding the controller with him, kid grabbed full throttle and nephew stood up just in time to have the rc smack him right in the chest!! Knocking him backwards in the hole, he had tire tracks on his chest but wasn't actually hurt! Wow!! He cried, but more from fear I suspect..wifey promptly handed me the controller, put this thing away!! She was mortified.. Idk if she ever even used it again after that TBH.
I think we are around these things so much that we forget how dangerous they can be. Especially the large scale stuff. This incident reminded me of that. He could have broken my leg, or worse yet, his own. In hindsight, I should have set the throttle limit down to a crawl.

In hindsight, I should have set the throttle limit down to a crawl.
That’s the right move because it’s safe but still a “wow” experience for the kid. I let my kids drive basically any of my cars but with the throttle way down. My 4yo has a blast driving the infraction at like 15% throttle 🤣

Indeed.. I'm a bit of a wreckless Ahole.. I've run into a few peeps over the years, myself the most for sure. Just last winter I had to throw an elbow up to prevent myself from getting hit by my Kaiju while snowbank jumping. Even with a heavy Carhartt on, that smarted pretty good. Perhaps I should've replaced the broken front bumper, the skid plate sticking off the front of the chassis tore me Carhartt🤔🤪🤷‍♂️😂🍻

I did something similar but I was never never in danger, just my poor sweet 12S DBXLE 2.0, and) I gave it to a 5 year old. Yes… 5! It was an open field, longer than 100 yards easily, no people so I thought, nahhh it’s it’s safe, how can he fk this up? He pins it immediately , so I was like “ok start slowing down…“ of course he yells “HOW???” already scared lol. So I tell him to stick his finger forward… Of course this doesn’t translate. By now this beast covered 80% of the feild and it’s fate was sealedI’m not exaggerating when I say it just missed being smoked by a pickup with a camper attached. Guy slammed on the breaks and just sat there for a minute probably wondering what I’m the actual fk was that thing?! Luckily there were no people on the path atm. It all happened so fast. 3 lessons here, one: I’m retarded, and slow to react (I should have grabbed that tr wayyyy before that happene). Two: always make kids/amateurs drive towards the fence not the road… Three all of what ⬆️ everyone else said.

I did something similar but I was never never in danger, just my poor sweet 12S DBXLE 2.0, and) I gave it to a 5 year old. Yes… 5! It was an open field, longer than 100 yards easily, no people so I thought, nahhh it’s it’s safe, how can he fk this up? He pins it immediately , so I was like “ok start slowing down…“ of course he yells “HOW???” already scared lol. So I tell him to stick his finger forward… Of course this doesn’t translate. By now this beast covered 80% of the feild and it’s fate was sealedI’m not exaggerating when I say it just missed being smoked by a pickup with a camper attached. Guy slammed on the breaks and just sat there for a minute probably wondering what I’m the actual fk was that thing?! Luckily there were no people on the path atm. It all happened so fast. 3 lessons here, one: I’m retarded, and slow to react (I should have grabbed that tr wayyyy before that happene). Two: always make kids/amateurs drive towards the fence not the road… Three all of what ⬆️ everyone else said.
Wow!! Thank goodness ur rc, I mean no one was hurt!!😉 @Xjeepguy is right, easily taken for granted after a while.. I forget that what's second nature to me is totally foreign to others.. most who aren't familiar with rc's watch my brother and I race around the trees on my track in disbelief. How do you not hit the trees? Well, sometimes we do, usually my bro, but I've broken many a parts myself racing amongst the trees.😉

I've had similar experiences with kids. If they have ever run an rc before it probably hit speeds around 5mph. When they watch us it looks easy. They certainly don't watch our trigger finger and how we feather the throttle. For them it is a on/off switch. 😁 it's probably a good idea to bring a more appropriate vehicle for beginners with us when we go out. I think we all love to share the hobby. Great topic! 👍

A few weeks ago, my girl friend (not girlfriend) crash my limitless because the receiver failed.

Hopefully she's forgiven you for letting her drive it with a Bad RX.. 😜

Kids get the toy grade stuff in my book. Other wise handing over an expert level RC car to a kid and trying to teach him where the brakes are is just irresponsible. I taught my son when he was 5 yo. with the Toys first. He learned the Brake, Thr and Rev first, years before he got his hands on his own 6s Infr and 6s Notorious. But accidents do happen, out of nowhere.

Kids get the toy grade stuff in my book. Other wise handing over an expert level RC car to a kid and trying to teach him where the brakes are is just irresponsible. I taught my son when he was 5 yo. with the Toys first. He learned the Brake, Thr and Rev first, years before he got his hands on his own 6s Infr and 6s Notorious. But accidents do happen, out of nowhere.
Yeah, there's always one in the crowd.. responsible one that is! Good on you brother. That's the rational choice for sure. TBH, when I let my 12 year old daughter give rc's a try, all I had working was an TT MT4. At least it was only on 4s, LOL. She was very cautious tho, must've got that from her mother!😉🤪🤣🤣

Yeah, there's always one in the crowd.. responsible one that is! Good on you brother. That's the rational choice for sure. TBH, when I let my 12 year old daughter give rc's a try, all I had working was an TT MT4. At least it was only on 4s, LOL. She was very cautious tho, must've got that from her mother!😉🤪🤣🤣

My last interview for a job at a shop they told me they were looking for someone responsible.... I told them i was responsible 100% of the time..... when something was broken...

I didn't get the job, can you believe that??? 🤣

Oc8s. Took me to the ground in the winter. Amazing how one gets very used to Granite flying by you. Needless to say I'm leary of the Granite now.
20230430_161621.jpg

What can we learn from this thread? Never trust women or kids with rc cars. Keep them in the kitchen where they belong (the women and kids, not rc cars).

Edit: this was supposed to be a joke, not serious.
Hey, imma tell your girlfriend about this...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back