What I broke yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
In my ongoing quest to achieve 50+ mph runs in my 1/18 Grom I hit 49mph first pass and second 49mph and wedged right under my vehicle ‘s rear tire. The fact it’s still drivable (after some TLC and shock tower glueing / suspension replacement) speaks volumes to arrmas durability and gorilla hot glue .
IMG_3882.jpeg

2024-02-24 19:32:28 +0000.gif

Last edited:
In my ongoing quest to achieve 50+ mph runs in my 1/18 Grom I hit 49mph first pass and second 49mph and wedged right under my vehicle ‘s rear tire. The fact it’s still drivable (after some TLC and shock tower glueing / suspension replacement) speaks volumes to arrmas durability and gorilla hot glue .

View attachment 350612

Holly Smokes Chief!!
From the looks of that vid..
It was either going to Hulk Smash your car tire or your 🦶...

Glad it was the tire..!
🥵

In my ongoing quest to achieve 50+ mph runs in my 1/18 Grom I hit 49mph first pass and second 49mph and wedged right under my vehicle ‘s rear tire. The fact it’s still drivable (after some TLC and shock tower glueing / suspension replacement) speaks volumes to arrmas durability and gorilla hot glue .View attachment 350605
2024-02-24 19:32:28 +0000.gif

Holly Smokes Chief!!
From the looks of that vid..
It was either going to Hulk Smash your car tire or your 🦶...

Glad it was the tire..!
🥵
I stepped out of the way just in time. I do kinda wonder though what the damage would be if one were to take a hit to the leg. With a little math I came up with the impact being about 61 lbs of force. (From a 2.7lb rc truck colliding with a stationary object at 50mph. I came up with 273 Newtons. Comparatively for a baseball to exert the same lbs of force it would be traveling at 400mph which seems high but tells me it'd likely be a broken leg?

If you didn’t have an iPad(85” big screen TV by scale) in the back it would’ve done 50 easily! Grab a GNSS

If you didn’t have an iPad(85” big screen TV by scale) in the back it would’ve done 50 easily! Grab a GNSS
:ROFLMAO: I know it, I ordered one of the spektrum modules, I'm hoping its pretty decent. Chances are I did go over 50, the gps brick on that truck wont update your max speed until you've gone X mph over a 2-3 second span.

I stepped out of the way just in time. I do kinda wonder though what the damage would be if one were to take a hit to the leg. With a little math I came up with the impact being about 61 lbs of force. (From a 2.7lb rc truck colliding with a stationary object at 50mph. I came up with 273 Newtons. Comparatively for a baseball to exert the same lbs of force it would be traveling at 400mph which seems high but tells me it'd likely be a broken leg?

Sir,
I Don't think you want to find out the Hard way...
Anything traveling that Fast hitting flesh & bone -Even though it's a little plastic toy- will be an instant 911 call for help & a visit to the ER 🚑 $$$$ ,most likely.

Back