Fireteam Alternative Body Shells For Arrma Fireteam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need the Mojave body mounts and all body posts. The holes are there in the towers for the posts.
I did install front and rear Mojave bumpers also to help protect the body. Also had to cut away some of the wheel well area.
Its now just a Mojave with wider stance, monster tires with a hand brake.

Got sick of repairing the body panels on the FT. Replaced the body with a new Mojave body and added red locker rings to rims.

View attachment 265856

View attachment 265857
2FB39F98-EAC8-4947-9F51-FB5037C82398.jpeg

Found this used Mojave body on eBay. Just gotta trip it up and wait for Jenny’s to have body mounts in stock. Rigged the body mounts for now

I think it looks cool - no interference with the tires on the body?

Check out the HPI Savage XL body’s …

View attachment 271526
Came out great. Is that just lexan? The white part almost looks like those 'tuff' bodies but your windows are clear.
Did you put anything in the middle to give extra support in rubber-side-up crashes - or is it just attached at the towers?

You will need the Mojave body mounts and all body posts. The holes are there in the towers for the posts.
I did install front and rear Mojave bumpers also to help protect the body. Also had to cut away some of the wheel well area.
It’s now just a Mojave with wider stance, monster tires with a hand brake.
My BigDaddy inspired monster Mojave fireteam. Thanks for inspiration my man!

7B514ECF-108F-4D5F-B50A-D7876BAFBEC9.jpeg

42147BAC-FDEB-4886-9ABB-5AAF0906F73E.jpeg

F3EB19EA-1969-46A9-BC28-223CB7CD1300.jpeg

F76EBC92-97E7-491B-A463-0549CF9DD840.jpeg

NICE JOB-Joshua.clark!! Looks Great! (y) . That HPI Body looks Good too. Yes- its a big body(Mojave) and makes the truck look twice as big and meaner! The Mojave body will last a lot longer then the Fireteam panels too. I still have the handbrake installed and use it alot with high-speed turns/power slides in loose stuff.
Joshua.clark-Did you install Kraton axles along with the Kraton hubs?? I heard the Fireteam axles are not long enough when using the Kraton Hubs.

Shout out to horizon hobby, Jason sent me a an entire replacement 3XLE body kit because the window decals tore. This is a fireteam drivetrain/suspension.

DFAD458D-452E-496C-95EB-C34638F70EC0.jpeg

79471C17-16B7-4545-8EF5-4ACEB0C8DDEC.jpeg

It’s extremely robust compared to fireteam, those cheap Chevy bodies, and especially this garbage Traxxas Xmaxx one from proline 😂 .

B541EAF5-0C5A-46CC-94E0-6D768AAC53FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone come across any Aftermarket Bodyshells that will fit the Arrma Fireteam or anything that can be made to fit with ease. Had a fair amount of use out of the standard Bodyshell but even after about 5 hours of run time the body is falling apart.

Just looking for cheaper and lighter body alternatives as i feel the original body is far too heavy for the Truck.

Thanks
I got the perfect truck body for the fireteam. It an hpi savage vintage body. You can get it clear and paint it yourself. You need a set of arrma body post and a set of arrma post holders.

I got the perfect truck body for the fireteam. It an hpi savage vintage body. You can get it clear and paint it yourself. You need a set of arrma body post and a set of arrma post holders.
We already determined that the Savage XL bodies fit.

Joshua.clark are those kraton wheels/tires? I'm in the process of converting mine but don't want to trim so much off the body for my stock tires to fit

I got a Limitless body and only used the main part and Mojave side skirts. I chopped up the old fireteam parts for the front and rear bumper - although they don't add much strength to the actual bumper, I like the general look though. Definitely rough but something different. Also Jenny's keeps marking down the stock bodies... down to $109 for a black one. I grabbed one, might just grab another and just keeping using them at that price. I do like the looks of the stock body too.

View attachment 249224
View attachment 249225
Absolutely love this ❤️ Inspired me to get a Limitless body:) Did you pop in Mojave side guards perchance? Any issues with rear brake wires? Endlessly grateful!!!

Meant to ask…how did you do the carbon finish on this? Actual carbon or tape? Is it inside or outside of shell. Am in love with this design!! Appreciated!

I just went with the Kraton shell and BQ mounts for now. It was fast as heck with the SRC Road Crushers that weigh nearly double so I expect it should be quicker, but maybe not as fast on the top end due to being only 107mm dia. vs the 138ish of the heavier SRC wheels.

PXL_20230324_212755486.jpg

I have all the parts for Kraton front and rear bumpers, wing/mount, etc, but I just don't want to commit the half-day to the project to shed another ounce or two after having already gotten rid of the 2-pound body and shedding over a pound of rotational weight from the 4 corners.

It is currently geared 22/46 w/ 500k Center Diff Fluid but I haven't run it with these wheels yet. I need to adjust the droop and add some bump/stop limiters under the shocks to prevent the chassis from slapping or the front from lifting above the rear before I drive it, but I probably won't.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back