Fireteam New release for Arrma Fireteam ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys ,

I am thinking to buy this car but I understand that is a model from 2022 , is it going to be a new model ?

*** is it a recommended car??

It's discontinued.. (for now)
Maybe a new version will come again.. Later 🤷‍♂️

For now you can take a look at the Brand New
Kraton 6S EXB RTR v2

It is on backorder, not discontinued. The FT was not all that popular, so I don’t think there will be a V2. You could consider the new BigRock 6S to be the ”new version”, it has the same chassis/wheelbase/shocktowers/arms et cetera.

IMG_0731.png

The new Kraton EXB is shorter wheelbase as the FT and Bigrock 6S, but has much more quality parts out of the box. And is cheaper as well …solid choice for a “ jack of all trades”.

I personally like the longer wheelbase of the FT, very stable platform. Less practical for stunts …

Last edited:
Hi guys ,

I am thinking to buy this car but I understand that is a model from 2022 , is it going to be a new model ?

It is a very nice RC...has it's own place of all the 6S in my opinion.

Yes, if you have done your research and know what type of rig you are getting.

It is a very nice RC...has it's own place of all the 6S in my opinion.

Yes, if you have done your research and know what type of rig you are getting.
There’s very little difference between the Big Rock 6S and the Fireteam. That being said, it’s definitely not financially savvy to get a Big Rock and try to get a FireTeam body on there. The FT body and needed plastics would be close to $200, even with parts from JRC’s. (I’m currently doing the reverse, still ain’t cheap!)

If you’re buying a FT though, rest easy not much has changed.

I have both fireteam and the new big rock 6s. Although the FT and BR6s are of course nearly identical, I enjoy the BR6s more.

Maybe the BR6s body just appeals to me. They drive similarly (both have mediocre tires). I dropped some backflips onto the FT and it rips now. Easy fix.

If you love the FT I’ll make you a screaming deal on mine. Just dm me. I need to sell it anyway. Happy to sell in whatever configuration you want (roller, stock, or highly upgraded electronics).

Buying used is how I hedge against the inevitable new model that always shows up right after I buy a particular truck. Doesn’t sting nearly as much when you are only in for half price or whatever.

I have both fireteam and the new big rock 6s. Although the FT and BR6s are of course nearly identical, I enjoy the BR6s more.

Maybe the BR6s body just appeals to me. They drive similarly (both have mediocre tires). I dropped some backflips onto the FT and it rips now. Easy fix.

If you love the FT I’ll make you a screaming deal on mine. Just dm me. I need to sell it anyway. Happy to sell in whatever configuration you want (roller, stock, or highly upgraded electronics).

Buying used is how I hedge against the inevitable new model that always shows up right after I buy a particular truck. Doesn’t sting nearly as much when you are only in for half price or whatever.

Where are you located?

Same! That's why I'm making my FT a Big Rock. The Big Rock body is legit, and these side steps are tough! I haven't weighed them yet, but the bodies feel close to the same weight...heavy. I fully intend on putting the 5th wheel hitch on the Big Rock to use though!

Either model could use some "EXB" love. Just stay away from:
The EXB chassis braces. They lack the chassis slot and rely purely on the screw holding the bar for strength.

The Vitavon bulkheads - their shock mount holes did not line up. I sent them back and grabbed ScorchedRC bulkheads, best in the business, and I've tried a lot of different models.

Specifically, the M2C FireTeam/BigRock front brace. I have their rear brace and it's great, the front brace did not fit. I could force it to fit, but then steering and drive shafts started binding. Vitavon just came out with a front chassis brace for these models, and I just got it in. I'll let you know how it fits. I've been doing 30ft jumps for almost a year now with the front plastic brace without issues, though.

One other note, most of the aftermarket FireTeam shock towers do not work with the mount bracket for the slide bar at the front of the body. There's a hole required for the Big Rock that was not required for the FireTeam. Most vendors either resized that hole or did away with it altogether. I'm having to switch back to the factory FT shock towers.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your response, I will chose another RC car , probably the new Kraton 6S EXB RTR v2
That's not a bad place to be. The FireTeam is more geared towards ground bashing. The Outcast is geared towards stunts. The Kraton sits in the middle of those two. My personal preference is to have an Outcast and a FireTeam. The Kraton is good all-around, but it's not as good as either of those 2 models at what they do best. This is just my personal preference, but I play with my Outcast (8S) all day long. Doing wheelies down the street, flipping off of ramps, etc. My favorite RC of all time.

Last edited:
Where are you located?

SF Bay Area.

Shipping will be a little painful but we can work it out. Sometimes you get lucky with postal mail. Also, if someone didn't want tires, that would help bring package size down a bit.

Hi guys ,

I love my FT. Especially during the 2022 Black Friday sale for a measly $400.00. Shipped free. It's not considered old by now by Arrma standards. Was released in very late 2021.
>>>>Who said this was discontinued anyway?????:rolleyes:
Just order one.
FT is only on a short B/O, like everything these days. Expected in Jan. 2024. The holidays cleaned out inventory. You may even find one at a LHS.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/search?q=rtr+firteam&search-button=&lang=en

I take out my FT more than anything else lately. Get one.
The New 1/8 RTR EXB K6s is no slouch either. Good bang for the buck, Hands down another good choice. The 1/7 FT is larger FWIW. (longer)

Last edited:
I love my FT too, but that top shell is sooo heavy. It turtles when doing donuts, and flips in weird directions when landing from big jumps. I have no idea if the Big Rock is the same way. It’s basically just a FT with a new shell, and the shells feel about the same weight. TBD if it’s better. I just got the 3ft Freshpark ramp in, so I’ll find out soon enough!

I run my FT stripped down and it helps, but it sure gets dirty in there.

IMG_4321.jpeg

I love my FT too, but that top shell is sooo heavy. It turtles when doing donuts, and flips in weird directions when landing from big jumps. I have no idea if the Big Rock is the same way. It’s basically just a FT with a new shell, and the shells feel about the same weight. TBD if it’s better. I just got the 3ft Freshpark ramp in, so I’ll find out soon enough!
It definitely has a bit of a quirk to it. It's a ground pounder for sure. And while it is extremely stable, it doesn't take much for it to flip end over end. Still a fun rig to drive though!

It definitely has a bit of a quirk to it. It's a ground pounder for sure. And while it is extremely stable, it doesn't take much for it to flip end over end. Still a fun rig to drive though!
I changed the hubs from the Limitless hubs to the Kraton hubs. It’s a good bit more stable without causing any issues with the bearings, like you see from spacers. I also went Treal. They were a good deal, and now I have triple bearings.

I readjusted my roll center at the rear camber links, brought my droop down more, moved the Lipo tray rearward and mine is planted, adjusted my Fr and Rr sway bars better, set shock preload , and is very stable now. Doesn't nose dart anymore. No more traction rolling. Many just go to the wider K6 hubs. Get's costly IMHO. But also works for some. Merely widening the track width has some drawbacks. I noticed this when I tried wider CH 2 tires on my FT. I prefer the stocker FT tires TBH. No interest in running any other tire. Arrma set this FT up just right out the box for the most part., IMHO.
I highly suggest adding Upgrade Fr and Rr Alloy keyed braces immediately, if you don't do anything else. Get M2C or HR ones. Other cheaper Keyed generics are out there. It's your wallet.
The EXB upgrade ones are not "Keyed braces", that key into the XLWB chassis. (n)

Edited.

Last edited:
I readjusted my roll center at the rear camber links, brought my droop down more, moved the Lipo tray rearward and mine is planted, adjusted my Fr and Rr sway bars better, set shock preload , and is very stable now. Doesn't nose dart anymore. No more traction rolling. Many just go to the wider K6 hubs. Get's costly IMHO. But also works for some. Merely widening the track width has some drawbacks. I noticed this when I tried wider CH 2 tires on my FT. I prefer the stocker FT tires TBH. No interest in running any other tire.
Curious what drawbacks you saw? I haven’t noticed any myself, but my use case may differ.

Have you popped it up on a corner weight scale? Factory setup, even with the handbrake removed, it had a mad rear weight bias.

The other beauty of the Treal hubs were it improved steering radius. Unfortunately I didn’t do a before and after, but it’s noticeable. It almost makes it roll again 😂

Yeah I certainly tossed that Handbrake BS . But it doesn't weigh all that much anyway, TBH. I tossed the HB for other reasons.
The FT wants to nose dive, and more so with the Lipo tray in forward stock position for sure. This is one heavy rig. Probably the heaviest of all the 6s line. A fat girl. I rather have a rear heavy platform than a front heavy one, for off roading. 50/50 Fr-Rr bias is always ideal. But not always achievable for some models. Best case, you want the most weight to be at the rear, with any model. Cross weight is not all that critical with this heavy basher model. The FT is Top heavy FWIW. Heavy body weighs like 3 pounds alone. FT has all its own character.
Curious what drawbacks you saw? I haven’t noticed any myself, but my use case may differ.

Have you popped it up on a corner weight scale? Factory setup, even with the handbrake removed, it had a mad rear weight bias.

The other beauty of the Treal hubs were it improved steering radius. Unfortunately I didn’t do a before and after, but it’s noticeable. It almost makes it roll again 😂
I just may throw it on my Cross weight scale again. Did that out the box in full running weight, but didn't consider it much. I never rechecked it after I moved the Lipo tray rearward, and removing the HB. Mine runs fine as she is right now. As good as it gets for my liking. With stock electrics I can pull wheelies on demand all day, if I want. Motor ESC Timing is all the way down. Default 22.75 degrees is way too much IMO. Running the Speed gear right now. Temps are under control. Maybe a tad on the warm side. Not one Thermal Cut to date yet. Using double 40x40x20 mm motor fans, with a fan mount . NO HS. HS's suck when the going gets hot anyway. Only works against you IMO. My temp gun does not lie.
>>>Widening track width reduces directional stability with most any chassis. What I noticed. Might just be splitting hairs with this XLWB chassis. IDK
Inherent Traction rolling can be addressed in other ways.

Last edited:
It's a roll of the dice when holding out for new releases/versions. Maybe they'll release one, maybe the won't. Nobody knows for certain.
I highly doubt a complete new FT release will be on its way. No one will know. Except HH. Info that's never released.
I will venture to say that most newly produced FT's will most likely be coming now with the V2 Firma 150 (Black) along with few other very "minor" revisions.
HH is switching over to them now with all their 6s RTR line. Probably what is causing some B/O delays??? And the fact that this V2 ESC initially had a F/W issue. Which was recently sorted out.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back