Fireteam New release for Arrma Fireteam ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I certainly tossed that Handbrake BS . But it doesn't weigh all that much anyway, TBH. I tossed the HB for other reasons.
The FT wants to nose dive, and more so with the Lipo tray in forward stock position for sure. This is one heavy rig. Probably the heaviest of all the 6s line. A fat girl. I rather have a rear heavy platform than a front heavy one, for off roading. 50/50 Fr-Rr bias is always ideal. But not always achievable for some models. Best case, you want the most weight to be at the rear, with any model. Cross weight is not all that critical with this heavy basher model. The FT is Top heavy FWIW. Heavy body weighs like 3 pounds alone. FT has all its own character.

I just may throw it on my Cross weight scale again. Did that out the box in full running weight, but didn't consider it much. I never rechecked it after I moved the Lipo tray rearward, and removing the HB. Mine runs fine as she is right now. As good as it gets for my liking. With stock electrics I can pull wheelies on demand all day, if I want. Motor ESC Timing is all the way down. Default 22.75 degrees is way too much IMO. Running the Speed gear right now. Temps are under control. Maybe a tad on the warm side. Not one Thermal Cut to date yet. Using double 40x40x20 mm motor fans, with a fan mount . NO HS. HS's suck when the going gets hot anyway. Only works against you IMO. My temp gun does not lie.
>>>Widening track width reduces directional stability with most any chassis. What I noticed. Might just be splitting hairs with this XLWB chassis. IDK
Inherent Traction rolling can be addressed in other ways.
What I gathered, it seemed to be all the weight up top. Weight in motion wants to stay in motion and all. I removed all the people and it stopped doing weird things. Sucks, I really liked the way it looked with them in.

I always said I would let the soldiers and guns just fall off and leave them off. They are still intact. Yet many guys lost them right away. I did snug all their screws better when it was new. I disassembled the whole body. Very time consuming. Adding more fasteners where I thought needed. A roof skid etc. I thought of adding a windshield, like with my 6s Mojo. Probably not necessary?? IDK. But it really helped my Mojave much.

You really shouldn't remove the actual cockpit itself . Because that weakens the body considerably. What I noticed when it was all apart. Yet some guys have done that.

No use trying to reduce the weight. She is just a heavy lady, body and all. Works just fine. The body itself is actually structural to the chassis by design. I wouldn't go out of my way adding more weight however. CF towers and few other CF pieces if anything. Just never broke much at all to need any upgrade parts. Stocker parts work fine for me. I used CF sleeving over my stocker T2T FWIW. Every single 6s rig I've done that. Bare stocker T2T can bend /bow with direct impacts. A cheap hack for me. No more bending.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back