Talion Aluminum center diff, Arrma Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlepprock250

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey gang, I'm in the process of changing the oil in my diffs. I'm wanting to add the aluminum center diff mount and aluminum differential cups. Anyone have any experience with the Arrma aluminum diffs, Hot Racing?
Good or bad experience with either or with ones not mentioned?
Thanks
It's an EXB so the diffs are 29mm.

Only use the Arrma Metal/alu. diff cases. And a properly shimmed diff is paramount no matter plastic or alloy cup/case/carrier.
The HR diff mount is fine.
Arrma just released the 29mm metal/alloy cups. Apparently, everyone is getting the wrong Socket head screws with it in the package. A QC packaging issue.
Needs to come with (8) M3x 8mm Flat head screws. HH has been sending the proper screws out by request if you call them.
But these diff cups are probably best. Strongest. Much like the Standard open metal diffs.(y)
I run these at the center diffs of my rigs.
With 60kf/500kcenter/30k rear oiff oil. For my standard "OPEN diffs" only. FWIW. EXB diffs run thinner oil, closer to stock weights.
The Arrma aluminum diff cups just came out. - and there's two threads about them right now. Other than Arrma including the wrong type of screws, installation went without a hitch.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-aluminum-29mm-diff-case-in-stock.48664/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-arrma-exb-29mm-metal-diff-cases.48827/
Beat me to the punch. :LOL:
I type too slow.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys, I've seen a few posts, but wasn't sure if there was a difference in the 29mm diff cup, and the 29mm limited slip diff cups. I set up the front limited slip diff with 60k oil last night, didn't need shims. I'm adding aluminum center diff mount and cap. Just wanting to choose the correct aluminum diff cup.
Again, Talion 6s exb.

Yeah HR center diff top cover and front upright support are good. There are also other options from PPS etc.

Thanks guys, I've seen a few posts, but wasn't sure if there was a difference in the 29mm diff cup, and the 29mm limited slip diff cups. I set up the front limited slip diff with 60k oil last night, didn't need shims. I'm adding aluminum center diff mount and cap. Just wanting to choose the correct aluminum diff cup.
Again, Talion 6s exb.
Thanks guys, so is the center diff cup the same.. 29 mm open vs 29mm limited slip?

29mm diff cups are all the same. (alloy or plastic) F/C/R, whether internally setup as LSD (stage 1 or stage 2) or shimmed internally as a 29mm 'Open' diff.

Here is one good video by Arrma specifically, that that should get you going, if you never rebuilt one yet. There are many others.
Note: it the Rear diff that would best be shimmed in an Open configuration. For overall handling and drivability.
You need the Arrma "Open Diff Shim kit" to do this.
F and C best with Limited Slip setup. Your choice whether to build those diffs as Stage One or Stage Two Limited slip. ( less or more slip)
LSD plates get oriented accordingly.

Last edited:
29mm diff cups are all the same. (alloy or plastic) F/C/R, whether internally setup as LSD (stage 1 or stage 2) or shimmed internally as a 29mm 'Open' diff.

Here is one good video by Arrma specifically, that that should get you going, if you never rebuilt one yet. There are many others.
Note: it the Rear diff that would best be shimmed in an Open configuration. For overall handling and drivability.
You need the Arrma "Open Diff Shim kit" to do this.
F and C best with Limited Slip setup. Your choice whether to build those diffs as Stage One or Stage Two Limited slip. ( less or more slip)
LSD plates get oriented accordingly.

Thanks, yep I've been in both LSDs and open. Just changed the fluid in the front, getting ready to do the center. I'm adding an aluminum diff mount to the center so I thought I would go ahead and add an aluminum diff cup as well.
Just wasn't sure if they were the same.. 29mm vs 29mm limited slip. Thanks again

I have the HR racing ones and I'd skip them. It's frustrating to shim them and easily cause drivetrain resistance.

Ordered the arrma ones but looks like they will take a few more weeks.

One trick is not all the screws are the same. Make sure to use the screws stamped YFS 12.9 or diffs could rub the diff mounts/housings.

The other M3x 8mm Flat head screws look identical but are a kuntair thicker.

Good luck

I have the HR racing ones and I'd skip them. It's frustrating to shim them and easily cause drivetrain resistance.

Ordered the arrma ones but looks like they will take a few more weeks.

One trick is not all the screws are the same. Make sure to use the screws stamped YFS 12.9 or diffs could rub the diff mounts/housings.

The other M3x 8mm Flat head screws look identical but are a kuntair thicker.

Good luck
Dang I wish I would have seen this before getting the HR ones. Seems I will wait to change out the diff cups until they come back in stock.

I thought I was gonna get lucky but nope. Even went to two LHS and they didn’t have them.

Since I am still not able to get these has anybody tried to Vitavon ones?

Vitavon Diff cup
Vitavon Diff Cup v2

0CD52CFE-D2C4-49CC-82E4-FD3F22509B82.jpeg

Last edited:
My LHS had three and I bought one but haven't installed it yet.
If you are REALLY in a bind I can ship it to you from the United Provinces of CANADA :ROFLMAO:
Not in a bind just need it for a build I am working on. I truly appreciate the offer but I think shipping cost plus the cost of the diff cup wouldn’t be advantageous for me. :)

Not in a bind just need it for a build I am working on. I truly appreciate the offer but I think shipping cost plus the cost of the diff cup wouldn’t be advantageous for me. :)
But just think of the economic stimulation. You would literally be helping make the world go round. Doesn't that have a value? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back