Kraton Aluminum/upgraded steering bellcrank/servo saver options for Kraton EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantNinja

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hot Racing (AON4801) aluminum bellcrank will work for the EXB? It says it fits the Kraton 6s BLX, but can't seem to find info one way or the other. Also, are there any other options for an all aluminum bellcrank/servo saver combo? Doesn't have to be Hot Racing, just as long as it fits the EXB properly.

Does anyone know if the Hot Racing (AON4801) aluminum bellcrank will work for the EXB? It says it fits the Kraton 6s BLX, but can't seem to find info one way or the other. Also, are there any other options for an all aluminum bellcrank/servo saver combo? Doesn't have to be Hot Racing, just as long as it fits the EXB properly.
Not sure but can you tell me why you want to change it? Never had an issue with steering in the older versions or the newer V5 or EXB. I personally like the older servo saver from the V1 to V3 versions, but I'm also comfortable with the newer ones as well.

Not sure but can you tell me why you want to change it? Never had an issue with steering in the older versions or the newer V5 or EXB. I personally like the older servo saver from the V1 to V3 versions, but I'm also comfortable with the newer ones as well.
I think it'd be much smoother with the bearings and tougher. I already replaced the whole steering setup ARA106053 since my servo saver broke

I think it'd be much smoother with the bearings and tougher. I already replaced the whole steering setup ARA106053 since my servo saver broke
There are bearing kits that you can use for the existing set up. One of the first things I change when I get a new rig. Older servo saver is still the best. Easily adjusted and held tight with red threadlocker. Adjust the newer version is a little trickier, but it's a matter of being able to add a snap ring under the spring to increase tension. Also, the whole assembly is dirt cheap from Jennys Rc.

There are bearing kits that you can use for the existing set up. One of the first things I change when I get a new rig. Older servo saver is still the best. Easily adjusted and held tight with red threadlocker. Adjust the newer version is a little trickier, but it's a matter of being able to add a snap ring under the spring to increase tension. Also, the whole assembly is dirt cheap from Jennys Rc.
Hey J, did you know they make a hot racing replacement for that tube? So it makes it just like the old styles... I’ll find a link and paste it.

got it :https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON48A02;c=926
Yes, it fits 👍🏻

They still make and sell the old style hub as well: AR340065. I just buy those along with an Extra Hard EXB spring (ARA340178) and build up my steering arm/servo saver setup that way.
There’s that route as well. But with the HR one being only 12.88 and coming with a stiffer spring already, also with the added feature of an adjustment lock... kinda hard to beat 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s that route as well. But with the HR one being only 12.88 and coming with a stiffer spring already, also with the added feature of an adjustment lock... kinda hard to beat 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honest question - do you know the spring force of the HR hub and how it compares to the Arrma Extra Hard spring? I don't - just wondering if you knew?

The Arrma servo saver hub is $5.99 and the extra hard servo saver spring is $3.99 so I think pricing is comparable. That being said, I'm always happy when there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Honest question - do you know the spring force of the HR hub and how it compares to the Arrma Extra Hard spring? I don't - just wondering if you knew?

The Arrma servo saver hub is $5.99 and the extra hard servo saver spring is $3.99 so I think pricing is comparable. That being said, I'm always happy when there's more than one way to skin a cat.
I don’t, but when I was testing it on the bench it was considerably more stiff than the exb spring. I had the same curiosity... I just really like the locking collar. I’ve had the loctite come loose on my V3 servo savors and I used red! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol

I added 3 snap rings to my servo saver and it still can't turn the wheels lock to lock while stationary
And I have the 35kg Amazon servo (really it's about 18-19kg)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back