Limitless AMPS VS MASS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did something similar when trying to push a stock electronics Kraton 6s to top speeds.
With a wing it went 94 and without it went 96, but was very unstable during braking. I'm sure with more power it would have been impossible to control. The downforce is a necessary evil for traction needs to accelerate at these crazy rates we need with little grip.
Maybe ailerons would be better.:unsure:

K-Bash is correct. The car weight does make a difference... In theory.

Less weight means less power required and less current. Less current is always good. However, I believe the real problem is the down force because just like drag, it increase with speed. Which means even if you loss a pound off your car you will probably generate more down force with the higher speed and reduce the effectiveness of your car diet. For referece Formula 1 cars generate 5X the weight of the car in down force, but they need to turn.

If you want to get the car on a diet remove all the wing and have minimal down force. I did an experiment with and without the rear wing. On 4S with the wing I go something like 81 MPH, without the wing I got like 85mph.

If you want to lower your current then increase your voltage. There is an advantage to this because it means lower resistance, less heat and smaller wires. It's generally it's more efficient but requires higher voltage components.
There's a balance to achieve here. Both the spinning mass of the tires/wheels and the contact forces on the ground will want to pitch the car backwards. At slow speeds the effect of gravity on the car are usually sufficient to keep the front end down. At higher speeds, you'll also likely experience potentially lifting forces (ground effect or aerodynamics from a poorly shaped front end). At some given speed, all of this will outpace gravity. Which is why you'd need counter aerodynamics (splitters, wings, etc). Eventually as you climb speeds you'll reach the threshold where you'll need that "artificial gravity" to continue having stability. The shorter the car, the sooner you'd need it. The longer the car, the later you'd need it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back