Typhon Tp4060 vs tp5660 4s comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ll use the massive torque they have in the big cans
Or you use the rpm over long distance with the 4070cm.
Makes sense. Thanks for adding to this. I'll probably go with a big can until I'm comfortable running over longer distances as well as running faster. Figured when I break into the 150's I'll hover around there for awhile and get used to it.

My first tp motor was a 4070cm 2200
Kv. Great motor for speed running.
I’ve done 150 on 8s and 140 on 6s with it.

With that said, the biggest difference I’ve noticed with the big cans is just the huge drop in heat after a run. I’ve gone almost back to back runs with maybe a few minutes between runs doing 155+
4070 will be 160+ degrees after a run,
My 5680 after a run would be 120 or below,
I also have a 5660 1636kv that I’ve bashed with shredding tires on an infraction and the motor gets wArm at best after full throttle for 5+ minutes.
I’ve also built my buddies car using a 5670 and he’s currently at 158mph with his. Temps are low.

At the end of the day the big cans produce more watts, I’ve done 17,000+ watt runs with mine,
But ample battery supply is required. That was using 10,00ah of cnhl 70c batteries, 4 batteries
I got my 5660 delivered today. I think I'm going to be happy with my choice being that I'm not running huge distance. Although I do plan on range boosting soon because I don't want to have the moment of oh crap I can't steer......I also just picked up 2 of the 70c 6000 mAh batteries for the beast today. I need to make a splitter for my gt body that I just got and then I'll be able to run again. Thank you for the info I appreciate that a lot

I got my 5660 delivered today. I think I'm going to be happy with my choice being that I'm not running huge distance. Although I do plan on range boosting soon because I don't want to have the moment of oh crap I can't steer......I also just picked up 2 of the 70c 6000 mAh batteries for the beast today. I need to make a splitter for my gt body that I just got and then I'll be able to run again. Thank you for the info I appreciate that a lot
What Kv did you go with?

My first tp motor was a 4070cm 2200
Kv. Great motor for speed running.
I’ve done 150 on 8s and 140 on 6s with it.

With that said, the biggest difference I’ve noticed with the big cans is just the huge drop in heat after a run. I’ve gone almost back to back runs with maybe a few minutes between runs doing 155+
4070 will be 160+ degrees after a run,
My 5680 after a run would be 120 or below,
I also have a 5660 1636kv that I’ve bashed with shredding tires on an infraction and the motor gets wArm at best after full throttle for 5+ minutes.
I’ve also built my buddies car using a 5670 and he’s currently at 158mph with his. Temps are low.

At the end of the day the big cans produce more watts, I’ve done 17,000+ watt runs with mine,
But ample battery supply is required. That was using 10,00ah of cnhl 70c batteries, 4 batteries
Surprised one don't notice the torque difference,my rides are under 10lbs thou..on 4s it's very noticeable.i have no problem hitting wot by time car passes me,,40s it's wot just past me...the 56s are ment for 8s thou...not even getting close to rpm max on 4s..only 15000 on 4s.lol...they run super cool thou...my5660 1460kv runs alot warmer than my 5670-1270kv..could do back to back runs in July with it on 8s..high 90s ambiat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back