Another DX5C setup question ..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I put my DX5C into my Infraction today, just wanted to ask a question to those of you that have this radio or a DX5 rugged as I know they are the same pretty much..

@bicketybam do you have picture of your home screen like the one below that I could see please..??

I ask because I'm a bit unsure about one of the settings.. the one labelled BRK that is at 100%, if I turn that one down I lose reverse..?? is that correct..??
Also if I turn it down it only goes to 1%..!!

Don't see anything in the manual about it..??

IMG_1951.jpeg

I put my DX5C into my Infraction today, just wanted to ask a question to those of you that have this radio or a DX5 rugged as I know they are the same pretty much..

@bicketybam do you have picture of your home screen like the one below that I could see please..??

I ask because I'm a bit unsure about one of the settings.. the one labelled BRK that is at 100%, if I turn that one down I lose reverse..?? is that correct..??
Also if I turn it down it only goes to 1%..!!

Don't see anything in the manual about it..??

View attachment 50811
I am traveling but it should read 100% like in your picture.

That's "Brake" and probably means the end point that is set to your throttle "brake/reverse".

Set that to 100%, calibrate the ESC, and then don't touch it. Brake and reverse are the same signal by the way, the radio can't tell if your truck is going forward (and needs to brake when you hit the brake) or stopped (and needs to go backwards when you hit the reverse). It just tells the receiver "negative throttle"

So that's why you lose "reverse" when you turn that down -- at some point, the truck doesn't get enough signal to go in reverse, and just ignores the "reverse" signal. This is also why people lose reverse when they turn their throttle down to the 50% switch on their STX2.

If you find your brakes are too strong, turn them down in the ESC. You don't want to turn them down in the radio, because then you are turning down the brake AND the reverse. Which you don't want to do.

Guys a have a question do anyone know how to bin the dx5c to the the katron 8s

Should be the same process as binding any other rx to the DC5C.

open the power box so you can get to the receiver, press the bind button, power on the ESC while keeping the button pressed, go to your transmitter, new model, bind in 5.5ms - do the calibration after the model is bound - shut everything down, done - at least thats what I have done - then check directions and everything - if you need to reverse any channel - do so, then run the bind process and calibration again

page 10 https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/manuals/ARB10430.pdf | after that still do the throttle calibration page 16

That's "Brake" and probably means the end point that is set to your throttle "brake/reverse".

Set that to 100%, calibrate the ESC, and then don't touch it. Brake and reverse are the same signal by the way, the radio can't tell if your truck is going forward (and needs to brake when you hit the brake) or stopped (and needs to go backwards when you hit the reverse). It just tells the receiver "negative throttle"

So that's why you lose "reverse" when you turn that down -- at some point, the truck doesn't get enough signal to go in reverse, and just ignores the "reverse" signal. This is also why people lose reverse when they turn their throttle down to the 50% switch on their STX2.

If you find your brakes are too strong, turn them down in the ESC. You don't want to turn them down in the radio, because then you are turning down the brake AND the reverse. Which you don't want to do.
I have a question concerning travel. If I calibrate throttle and brake endpoints while travel is on 100 then go in and turn it up to 150 my truck seems faster. Is this bad?

I have a question concerning travel. If I calibrate throttle and brake endpoints while travel is on 100 then go in and turn it up to 150 my truck seems faster. Is this bad?
No, but that is strange because if you calibrated the throttle endpoints properly 100% should be as fast as it will go.

To be honest I am not sure. I've never really messed around with that much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back