Another Inexpensive Way To Dress Up Your Rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hydrodipping is the name of the game. Just mask off the tires and go crazy with whatever tickles your pickle. Here are some of my dips that have already seen a fair amount of action. The stuff holds up surprisingly well.
1653705127144.jpeg

1653705103678.jpeg

Hydrodipping is the name of the game. Just mask off the tires and go crazy with whatever tickles your pickle. Here are some of my dips that have already seen a fair amount of action. The stuff holds up surprisingly well.
View attachment 220083
View attachment 220082

Those are cool if I could find a quick way to do it. Rate I go through those tires one run and done :)

Those are cool if I could find a quick way to do it. Rate I go through those tires one run and done :)
What I do is first lay down two rows of clear packing tape over the front and then cut out the face with a scalpel. Fold the packing tape onto the tire and then once or twice around the tire with masking tape (depending on how wide your masking tape is). Take a medium sized Tupperware bowl and fill with water @80-85°F. Then dip, rinse and clear coat. It's really not that much of a hassle. At least I don't find it to be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back