Another Reason to dislike Traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

It looks like Traxxas is planning to stop supplying online Hobby Stores as they seam to see the other online stores as unwanted competition, and it would also seam they will no longer be supplying Local Hobby Stores with Traxxas products also, because most LHS also sell online. Here is a link to someone who used to sell mostly Traxxas parts, and what he found out after Traxxas droped him as a seller.

Hobby Fever Closed

Hi

It looks like Traxxas is planning to stop supplying online Hobby Stores as they seam to see the other online stores as unwanted competition, and it would also seam they will no longer be supplying Local Hobby Stores with Traxxas products also, because most LHS also sell online. Here is a link to someone who used to sell mostly Traxxas parts, and what he found out after Traxxas droped him as a seller.

Hobby Fever Closed

I will NEVER buy anything traxxas because of their lawsuits and this.... Both of these issues are bad for the hobby....

Hi

I see this as a good thing, it means Traxxas wont be around for much longer. As I see it with out local parts availability people are going to stop buying Traxxas vehicles, the parts availability is what keeps Traxxas around.

Do you think that they cut Hobbytown off too?

Business models will continue to change with choice available to manufacturers, distributors, retailers and us the consumer with varied consequences. It is disappointing if it is causing businesses with a shop front to close as these are the guys who really make a difference or a hobby. Online only are about the money alone, which I get from a capitalistic perspective, but I will always buy from those guys local to my area first (be it from their physical or online stores) and then further afield and online only stores as supply and availability dictates.

Buying local is great. If that's an option. It isn't an option for everyone.
I get the opinion that "online is only about the money". However if someone can't afford premises because there aren't enough people in the area that will buy RC gear then having a physical store is not an option. Not every online only store has abandoned bricks and mortar in the pursuit of greed.

There's not a hobby shop 'local' to me. Everything RC related that I want or need has to be bought online. If I was unable to buy online then I wouldn't be able to buy anything at all.

Damn that's a dumb move by them. What a shame.

Damn that's a dumb move by them. What a shame.
Traxxas is very petty. My hobby shop said since they are a traxxas dealer and traxxas stocks their store they are not allowed to carry other rc brands such as arrma they said traxxas sends "secret shoppers "to the stores to do checkups and if they get caught traxxas cuts them off that's directly from the hobby store.

Traxxas is very petty. My hobby shop said since they are a traxxas dealer and traxxas stocks their store they are not allowed to carry other rc brands such as arrma they said traxxas sends "secret shoppers "to the stores to do checkups and if they get caught traxxas cuts them off that's directly from the hobby store.
Lmao so they're the MIB of the RC world ? Talk about stupid company decisions.

I have heard a few variations of this, one shop owner said that Traxxas gives them a discount if they don't carry anything else. If they have anything but Traxxas up front of the store they loose their discount and have to basically pay retail price for the stuff.

Honestly why would you revoke online sales as a business? Sounds like they can't swallow their pride
This is a great point @Slicktmi, especially for such a specific demographic of consumers. I had written a very long message here, but decided to go with "Traxxas sucks"! Go buy Arrmas and help those shops find alternate sources of income. Help them to alleviate the need of Traxxas' "drug seller" tactics. Go, go now!

The Traxxas lawsuit saga caused the hobby shop in my small town, that had been open since 1986, to close around 2 years ago. I will never buy another Traxxas product and will bad mouth them every chance I get. I miss you King R/C.

That's a damn shame.

My "lhs" is horrible. Countless times screwed me and others over with their practices so I don't mind them going under.

Edit: I want to clarify, I ain't one of those dumba$$es who can't see the big picture when something minor happens that harms me a tiny bit. Like they actually screw people over. For example, they wanted us to have a pay war to who might get the revo first when it's delivered (this was when it first came out and units were limited) there were so many more unethical practices there. It's 2 hours away but it's the closest thing I have.

King R/C still has a carpet track that they operate, but the store itself is gone, along with the dirt track they had just outside where they would hold events. They used to have a pretty huge slot car track that I would frequent as a kid. All the guys that worked there were great, not a store that was mostly Traxxas like most, and the guys were not hobby snobs.

I can't wrap my head around how that makes any sense. I have one hobby shop now that isn't a hobbytown, and it's an hour away. I only go there because they carry the fuel I like for my nitros. Why do they care who's selling their stuff and what other brands that business is also selling? Selling is selling. The fact that traxxas parts are found EVERYWHERE is why they exist at all. It surely isn't their lack of breakage. It's convenient and readily available.

I wonder what they do against the chop shops on ebay.

I have heard a few variations of this, one shop owner said that Traxxas gives them a discount if they don't carry anything else. If they have anything but Traxxas up front of the store they loose their discount and have to basically pay retail price for the stuff.
Well what my local store said is that traxxas pretty much stocks their stores for them and when they sell a model they get a percentage of the sale doesn't sound like a bad deal honestly but if i own a hobby shop I'm selling all brands

This is a great point @Slicktmi, especially for such a specific demographic of consumers. I had written a very long message here, but decided to go with "Traxxas sucks"! Go buy Arrmas and help those shops find alternate sources of income. Help them to alleviate the need of Traxxas' "drug seller" tactics. Go, go now!
Honestly if the shops carried a large selection of arrmas and arrma parts they would have alot more customers and people getting into the hobby you ask anyone that don't even rc they all know who traxxas is and how weak they are most have never heard of arrma and their durability you would have alot more happy customers than alot more discouraged customers.

The Traxxas lawsuit saga caused the hobby shop in my small town, that had been open since 1986, to close around 2 years ago. I will never buy another Traxxas product and will bad mouth them every chance I get. I miss you King R/C.
Here in Albuquerque we used to have about 7 hobby shops all from indoor tracks outdoor tracks only 2 still survive hobbytown just recently shut down in my area and the only one we have now that's worth a crap just sells traxxas and some axial like 2 models i wish it was like the old days when we had the huge hobby shops full of all brands!

I can't wrap my head around how that makes any sense. I have one hobby shop now that isn't a hobbytown, and it's an hour away. I only go there because they carry the fuel I like for my nitros. Why do they care who's selling their stuff and what other brands that business is also selling? Selling is selling. The fact that traxxas parts are found EVERYWHERE is why they exist at all. It surely isn't their lack of breakage. It's convenient and readily available.

I wonder what they do against the chop shops on ebay.
They send a private investigator to sue them ?

Don't you all miss those Saturday trips to the hobby store and it was just loaded with rc enthusiasts all having a laugh and a good time enjoying the hobby and then you had the people tuning and test driving nitros outside the shop might be just me but dang that still sounds good lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back