Anyone as crazy as I am with Spares?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
5 of the motors are new. Yes box still sealed. But yes 9 motors, as of late been buying hobby wing and leopard motors to replace the spektrum .Now the 2 100amp ESCs were a gift sort of from HH. The blx system is my last can't bare to use it. Servos 2 are OEM junk and 2 spares isn't to bad as I have 1 go out every 6 months. Never realized I had this many motors found a box with 4 the other day and was like ohh yeah. So my wife has banned me from the classifieds. I am in electronics time out.
Post you're spare electronics and show my wife I am not alone. 😜
Next week's spare body's...found 7 so far. Omg...were to hide them?

IMG_20230731_112628.jpg

Last edited:
I used to buy alot of spares, thinking i was "saving money" from shipping and all that. Turns out I just had a buying problem ;)

Now i keep maybe a few things that I know are likely to break and instead have more vehicles that I can rotate through and fix any breakages on a non-urgent basis.

Wow. I am speechless. Maybe you'll be allowed back into the classified of you tell her you're selling??
Sell ? Hmm never thought of that. But what if , nevermind argument won't work. @LibertyMKiii I need pics of you're spares not that. Come on man. 🥴 I do need a limitless V2. Sell huh?

I’d put the stuff you know you are not going to use up for sale. Tell your wife you sold part of your old inventory and made other people happy with them. For every 2 or 3 items or so you sell, buy back 1 item you really want. She most likely won’t be able to tell the difference and in her eyes you’re getting rid of items. 😉
It’s a win-win-win situation. You probably won’t get asked to explain, but if so: your wife is happy (selling stuff $), you’re happy (getting rid if of unused stuff and buying back other stuff; don’t mention the latter part) and your house is happy (more free space); I know but mention it anyway in order to make the win-win-win sound plausible.😄

You’re welcome👍🤣

5 of the motors are new. Yes box still sealed. But yes 9 motors, as of late been buying hobby wing and leopard motors to replace the spektrum .Now the 2 100amp ESCs were a gift sort of from HH. The blx system is my last can't bare to use it. Servos 2 are OEM junk and 2 spares isn't to bad as I have 1 go out every 6 months. Never realized I had this many motors found a box with 4 the other day and was like ohh yeah. So my wife has banned me from the classifieds. I am in electronics time out.
Post you're spare electronics and show my wife I am not alone. 😜

View attachment 314561

I have a toolbox full of motors, escs and servos.

Yeah, bodies are the hardest to hide. I’ve also got a few in my basement. I found four of them stuffed into one big box. A couple have their own boxes. A couple are just piled in a corner.
I should just find a deserted stretch of beach at this point. Stinks down there.

Yeah, bodies are the hardest to hide. I’ve also got a few in my basement. I found four of them stuffed into one big box. A couple have their own boxes. A couple are just piled in a corner.
I should just find a deserted stretch of beach at this point. Stinks down there.
Do you know if they would they keep better in the freezer?

Asking for a friend of course...

I have probably eight motor and ESC combos, but seven are brushed, and I will likely never use them. Most of my spares are stock take-off chassis parts that I have upgraded with aftermarket parts. I do sell things on occasion (Spectrum electronics) but not too many folks want other stock parts.

I have probably eight motor and ESC combos, but seven are brushed, and I will likely never use them. Most of my spares are stock take-off chassis parts that I have upgraded with aftermarket parts. I do sell things on occasion (Spectrum electronics) but not too many folks want other stock parts.
Yep, I appreciate you storing that stuff for me!!🫡

You don't have too many spare electronics. You just need a lot of non-electronic spare parts to go with them. Then you build a new rig from the spare parts and you have less spare electronics sitting around. Easy fix. ;)
Agree 💯 did that 2 months ago. Spare parts infraction!!!!

No such thing as too many spare parts. In my world the only part that breaks, is the one you don't have a replacement for.

Real cars, appliances, you name it.

I have a spare XLX2 and I had a spare max 4 but then I used that as an excuse to build another 1/5th scale rig so I don't have a spare max 4 anymore lol. Also have a TP 5660 1460kv motor, a castle 1717 1650kv motor and a tp 4040 3770kv motor just chilling without a home. Oh and I also technically have a hobbywing 56118 sensored motor without a home as well.

Bodies are definitely the worst.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back