Outcast Anyone got any feedback on the Outcast 4s ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy39

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

But for the zero stock in the UK of any 3s Granites or Sentons I’d already have one and wouldn’t be asking this question.

It’s been so long since stock has hit (months) that now Arrma have brought out the 4s Outcast.

So IMO for £100 extra this seems like a no brainer, metal Spur gear, centre brace, new tyre locking system, 17mm hubs, and bigger shocks, and a couple of other upgrades seems like a winner ?

Anyways just wondering if anyone else has one and can advise if they suck or rock ?

Cheers

Hi all

But for the zero stock in the UK of any 3s Granites or Sentons I’d already have one and wouldn’t be asking this question.

It’s been so long since stock has hit (months) that now Arrma have brought out the 4s Outcast.

So IMO for £100 extra this seems like a no brainer, metal Spur gear, centre brace, new tyre locking system, 17mm hubs, and bigger shocks, and a couple of other upgrades seems like a winner ?

Anyways just wondering if anyone else has one and can advise if they suck or rock ?

Cheers
From what I've seen they have the same flaws as the Granite: weak a-arms, weak wheel driveshafts and leaky shocks. So if you were willing to deal with that on a Granite than you shouldn't have an issue with the 4s Outcast. You will be getting a pretty terrible radio though. And those wheel nuts aren't the greatest.

There are tons of videos on both Outcasts on YouTube, check them out. See for yourself and make your own decision.

There are tons of videos on both Outcasts on YouTube, check them out. See for yourself and make your own decision.

I get all that buddy but personally it’s only owners that have put them through there paces that can give true feedback, the majority of videos thus far on the 4s are either unboxing or first bash sessions. Cheers for the suggestions though.

My wife has one. She doesn't bash hard (yet) but I did a ton of research on the 4s line because I was about to buy a couple of the 3s trucks and except for the worry about the radio I saw no downside to getting the 4s over the 3s.

The chassis, suspension, out-drives, look so much sturdier to me that I am glad to have waited on a new couple of trucks.
They may actually turn out to be total POSs but I don't think they will.
Actually look at the hubs, arms and everything and there is a difference.

From what I've seen they have the same flaws as the Granite: weak a-arms, weak wheel driveshafts and leaky shocks. So if you were willing to deal with that on a Granite than you shouldn't have an issue with the 4s Outcast. You will be getting a pretty terrible radio though. And those wheel nuts aren't the greatest.
Those wheel nuts are a joke!

Those wheel nuts are a joke!
I'm not liking them too much either. Put a 1/4" drive ratchet, extension and 8mm socket in my go box because the supplied tools really sucked, but the nuts actually do work. Put my 3.8 Trencher Xs on just to see what that looked like. I may see if they will actually work on the rig while running and if I do and can find it in the camera, I'll let everyone see it. As everyone knows, handing me a video camera is as bad as handing a monkey a hand grenadeo_O

Love mine so far.

I broke an A Arm ten minutes into my first run. Backflip landing off a short hop onto one wheel on 4s at 50%. It backflips well :) . Waiting on replacement A arms delivered from the USA to me in Japan. My fix seems to be holding for now.

We ran Miss Bly's yesterday after tightening the slipper up. What a difference. I think she is now not sure she got the right rig because it stayed on its back as much as on the wheels.
I told her I would trade her my mini Kraton but she said no. I think in the long run it will make her a better driver to have to learn some trigger control.

I'm waiting on a new faster computer before I put that up. It's not a long video but on this system it was gonna take 3-4 hours and I didn't feel like waiting for it to do that.

The only thing I've broken on mine so far is a rear turn buckle after a particularly hard landing on pavement. I'm normally not a rough basher but I've taken some pretty rough spills with this thing while attempting to do some stunts; a lot where I felt like it should have broken but didn't. Full throttle unintended tumbles and flips, head-on crashes, etc. I like it a lot. Fast too!

I like the look of the 4s wheels and tires. How are they? More specifically the tires. Any good?

Also if someone can post sizes of the wheels and tires? I know the dimensions, just can't find the offset measurement anywhere. A rough estimate should work.

I didn't want to make a new thread just to ask this. Figured since this is asking feedback about the Outcast 4s I'd ask here.

I don't know how to measure offset, but I will say the backflip LP grips very well, and has a slight amount of slide which is nice. My personal preference is still proline badlands, but for the the price and coming stock they are very solid.

I like the look of the 4s wheels and tires. How are they? More specifically the tires. Any good?

Also if someone can post sizes of the wheels and tires? I know the dimensions, just can't find the offset measurement anywhere. A rough estimate should work.

I didn't want to make a new thread just to ask this. Figured since this is asking feedback about the Outcast 4s I'd ask here.
I was on the fence about outcast and krayton. But choose the outcast 4s finally. Tires work well on loose dirt ,rocks and tarmac. It's hell of a truck to bash! No regrets. ?

Thanks @Zgills1 and @Calvinlim

Offset is pretty easy to measure. Here I'm using some Duratrax Lock-ups as an example.
Take a straight edge. I’m using a piece from a 2x4. Put it up against the wheel or tire.
2594876C-D817-496A-9C48-6F71C6976494.jpeg

Using a toothpick or other similar object. Sit it against the surface where the hex sits. (Inside the hex)
A899B543-D136-4087-AB1F-E07EC81B124B.jpeg

While still holding the pick against the straight edge put it up to a ruler.
2F3B3A5C-B660-45D7-8ED3-80B791165C51.jpeg
B9748E64-E94D-4BA9-8B78-510016B6BBBB.jpeg

It’s not an exact measurement but it’s something. Even if it’s against the tire is fine. Sometimes that is needed to check for tire rubbing.

Last edited:
I went with a 3s BLX Granite in the end, I’ll be buying another Model soon as my other son can then join in (currently all 3 of us sharing my HPI Blitz flux)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back