Anyone has experience with sss motors ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2028kv is 1100kv, and using it on 8S is not under-usage. You might not reach the same rpm's but you can still use the power potential of the motor by higher gearing, it will just pull more amps (not a problem for the XLX2)

I'd still advise you to go for GP5 F/R diffs when running any motor <2000kv.
Sticking to the original F/R diffs and the 48 spur/diff, you would need 47T pinion to make it run 100mph on the 1100kv and will exceed the TTC of the standard motormount. (34T on the 1515). GP5's will make it 39T-1100kv and 29T-1515kv

CC vs TP is like apple vs samung, a subjective preference. Both are high powered for your application, definately big enough to easily disperse heat of the power you will demand, also while bashing.

the CC will
+ run cooler due to lower rpms
+ sensored, nicer launches
- heavier, will influence driving behaviour
- low kv limites your gearing options (assuming no different motormount/GP5 diffs and than still)
TP visa versa

Personally, the TP-1515 will make things a lot easier to reach the goals set to 100mph with the big center diff. But I would also consider the CC 1717-1650kv or a TP 4070 in that KV range. Still plenty of power and easier gearing options due to the slightly higher kv.

ive been looking for a sensored tp 5670, as it would be better for bashing if it was sensored, but i haven't found any sensored motor in stock. there is the sensorless 1500kv motor thought
is it really bad to have these type of high torque, high power motors sensorless, when bashing? this tp motor with this kv seems like a very good option, but im worried about the sensorless thing, but the xlx2 will probably make a pretty good work with the smoothness of the motor. btw thanks for all the feedback
2028kv is 1100kv, and using it on 8S is not under-usage. You might not reach the same rpm's but you can still use the power potential of the motor by higher gearing, it will just pull more amps (not a problem for the XLX2)

I'd still advise you to go for GP5 F/R diffs when running any motor <2000kv.
Sticking to the original F/R diffs and the 48 spur/diff, you would need 47T pinion to make it run 100mph on the 1100kv and will exceed the TTC of the standard motormount. (34T on the 1515). GP5's will make it 39T-1100kv and 29T-1515kv

CC vs TP is like apple vs samung, a subjective preference. Both are high powered for your application, definately big enough to easily disperse heat of the power you will demand, also while bashing.

the CC will
+ run cooler due to lower rpms
+ sensored, nicer launches
- heavier, will influence driving behaviour
- low kv limites your gearing options (assuming no different motormount/GP5 diffs and than still)
TP visa versa

Personally, the TP-1515 will make things a lot easier to reach the goals set to 100mph with the big center diff. But I would also consider the CC 1717-1650kv or a TP 4070 in that KV range. Still plenty of power and easier gearing options due to the slightly higher kv.
i wanted to ask you what is the equation you use to get the top speed by knowing the diffs, the kv and the voltage (rpm)? it seems pretty helpful

Last edited:
ive been looking for a sensored tp 5670, as it would be better for bashing if it was sensored, but i haven't found any sensored motor in stock. there is the sensorless 1500kv motor thought
is it really bad to have these type of high torque, high power motors sensorless, when bashing? this tp motor with this kv seems like a very good option, but im worried about the sensorless thing, but the xlx2 will probably make a pretty good work with the smoothness of the motor. btw thanks for all the feedback

i wanted to ask you what is the equation you use to get the top speed by knowing the diffs, the kv and the voltage (rpm)? it seems pretty helpful
I use my own excel sheet which isn't easy to disect the formula's from. There are many websites that offer solutions, like:
https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

As for sensored, in my opion it's not a real benefit. I have 2 sensored TP motors and both don't run nice on my XLX2's unless i unplug the cable and run them sensorless. On my small 1/10 driftcars i do like sensored as it seems to behave consistant on low rpms, but those run on 3S 3000+kv and hard to compare. My FG runs XLX2 with a 1000Kv SSS motor, a much heavier car and not geared for 100mph. Runs great sensorless.
You just don't want it to cog (always a gamble how a new motor behaves). Lower kv motors generally do good on lower rpms. How you setup your throttle input/expo on the radio also give you plenty of options to make it work as you please.

I don't know the arrma original TTC from the top of my head, but it's lower than the pps mount which are:

The 25mm version(40mm motor) will allow for a TTC Between 60 and 81 Teeth.
The 30mm version(56mm motor) will allow for a TTC Between 71 and 92 Teeth.

I remember someone using that motor mount and having no room left for a pinion next to the motor screws.
Better go for a pps mount.

And if you fancy 100mph why go for a center diff, the limitless spool is the better option. The big gear of the diff in combo with the 1100kv motor will make it hard to get proper topspeed.
Yes with those mounts you MUST ADJEST MESH THEN ATTACH PINION GEAR!!!!it sucks to have to remove gear to adjust mesh..
I think I'll try the scorched roto mount next...this guy says they are stronger....after watching all his wrecks,says he's bent pps.he wrecks more than me.....

Last edited:
thanks a lot for all the info. im going to go with the tp 5670 if its good sensorless and it doesent cog that much to need the sensored capability. i will probably need help with the throttle input/expo, as i don't have any idea of how to calibrate it, but i will first look it up in internet. it seems as if you learn something new about the rc world, theres a whole new window that opens full of cool thinks to learn. your help was amazing, thanks a lot.
sorry if i had some grammar errors, ik some people find it annoying. at least i do hahahaha. greetings from colombia

thanks a lot for all the info. im going to go with the tp 5670 if its good sensorless and it doesent cog that much to need the sensored capability. i will probably need help with the throttle input/expo, as i don't have any idea of how to calibrate it, but i will first look it up in internet. it seems as if you learn something new about the rc world, theres a whole new window that opens full of cool thinks to learn. your help was amazing, thanks a lot.
I have a tp5670-1270kv, must be geared super high before cogging.tons of power on 8s.absolute torque monster..

1639252054142516274938743276286.jpg

Yes with those mounts you MUST ADJEST MESH THEN ATTACH PINION GEAR!!!!it sucks to have to remove gear to adjust mesh..
I think I'll try the scorched roto mount next...this guy says they are stronger....after watching all his wrecks,says he's bent pps.he wrecks more than me.....
that video got my jaw real open. omg
I have a tp5670-1270kv, must be geared super high before cogging.tons of power on 8s.absolute torque monster..

View attachment 185390
man that motor looks sick. thanks. its probably a beast. nice to se you have it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back