Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New body that the LHS painted for me. I think that body was meant for that MT that proline sells? It's a bit small but I like it. I rolled it once on concrete already. Yeah that sucked :
View attachment 143117View attachment 143118View attachment 143119View attachment 143120
Wonder if these Proline's will work.
20210425_154434.jpg
20210425_154421.jpg

I can dig it. This is a Proline body?
Yeah. Not a perfect fit. But I still like it a lot 👍
I can dig it. This is a Proline body?
Yeah. Not a perfect fit. But I still like it a lot
Throw some roof/hood guards on that thing before it gets banged up!
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/body-accessories/body-skid-rails/
Good idea. I was just showing it off to a friend. I popped a wheelie and I went too far. Thanks. I'll check it out 🤣👍
Might be a bit of too small like mine, but who cares! 👍🤣

Well, cracked an outdrive on my Kaiju (no bearing sleeves used). Didn't splay out like our old Kaiju, just completely sheared off.

Well, cracked an outdrive on my Kaiju (no bearing sleeves used). Didn't splay out like our old Kaiju, just completely sheared off.
I mean we're RC guys...I expect things to break, but not while just running the truck. I haven't had a chance to actually jump it. I'm breaking from running 6s...lol CV drives, drive cups, axle, ....lol

Throw some roof/hood guards on that thing before it gets banged up!
https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/body-accessories/body-skid-rails/
Is that better? Hehe. I also wanted to share again what I use for upper control arms and even steering links. They last 10x more than the stock arms and steering links. They bolt right up to the steering. For the upper arm, I just use a bolt and nut to make it work for the inside. The outside just bolts right up the hub :
20210508_144535.jpg
20210511_124447.jpg
20210511_124455.jpg
20210511_124606.jpg

Anyone know of any online shops that have Kaiju tires in stock? I Had a tire blow out 2 weeks ago and my google-fu turns up nada. There was a pair on ebay a few days ago that I was watching but I missed the boat. Ergh.

Anyone know of any online shops that have Kaiju tires in stock? I Had a tire blow out 2 weeks ago and my google-fu turns up nada. There was a pair on ebay a few days ago that I was watching but I missed the boat. Ergh.
Not sure to be honest. Every time I check Jenny's they are out of stock as well.

I got some duratrax my tires from Amazon. You just need 37mm wheel extenders to make them work. They sell a bunch on Amazon. The kaiju drive shaft is 8mm. They fit perfectly

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Extension-Adapter-Combiner-Anti-Dust/dp/B07GT3BS54

IMG_20210514_180224855.jpg

16211426210101014691268165231479.jpg

Hey folks - Kaiju tires seem to always be out of stock.

I decided to try something new, I thought i read the 4S BACKFLIPS were a direct fit?

It looks like i need some spacers to push the rim out a bit...

So, do i need the REDCAT hex extenders? Just saw, those are out of stock too. haha.

Anyone recommend hex extenders that will get me going? Thanks!
i got some extenders off amazon, the kaijus driveshaft is 8mm so they slipped on, perfect fit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GT3BS54/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully your diffs will hold up long term. Did you gear down?
no i didnt gear down, i actually went up one tooth because its all the dude had in stock at my local shop and i wanted to atleast test out the new tires lol.
i went to get a new pinion because mine was thrashed due to not having a correct gear mesh.
currently rebuilding the motor as when i installed the new pinion i noticed the shaft had some play.
had a quick bash with the new tires on 3s then took the motor apart to find the main bearing was shot so i got more bearings on the way.
im thinking thats what thrashed my stock pinion

On the new tires, i havnt run it on 6s, only on 3s for now, i may run 4s but the motor was already getting hot so ill probs go back to the stock gearing or one less if i can find it. less than 10 teeth for a mod1 pinion with 5mm bore seem hard to find.

Last edited:
Put some work in today. Did some good big jumps on 6s with the blue one. I did break the rear body posts and the blue body is pretty much destroyed. The proline body is doing well as far as durability goes. My son beat up the red body proline one on 4s. Super muddy but fun! I had forgotten how insane the Kaiju is on 6s hehe
20210519_123659.jpg

Video of the bash. My son drove the other Kaiju on 4s at full power. He's getting better and better at bashing. And he barely turned 5 last month :

After inspecting my diffs and cleaning out the mud, all my ring gears, output drives and center diff are holding up well after months of abuse. The center diff was completely dry and the internal gears were still fine.
20210523_193907.jpg
20210523_193910.jpg

Back