Granite Anyone tried GPM Aluminum Body Mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
The top of one of my body mounts got worn down to pinhole and I had to replace it. Looks like wearing down the body mounts is just a matter of time if you're running on concrete (and flipping over occasionally). I am considering using GPM aluminum body mounts to see if they last longer, but I'm a little concerned. They won't flex at all and they are connected directly to the shock tower. I'm worried that any hit to the body mount may end up damaging the shock tower. Has anyone tried these GPM body mounts?

Thanks. I didn't know about these. Seems like the right solution. Just ordered them.
*Edit - actually looks like you have to drill extra holes. The body mounts are cheap enough, I think I may just replace them when needed. And try to stay off the roof ;D

Last edited:
I have th GPM body mounts. They did take a whole month to arrive.. I blame the Rona.

They seem to be quality so far, but I've only ran 2-3 packs through. I am interested in the magnetic body posts too...

Thanks. I didn't know about these. Seems like the right solution. Just ordered them.
*Edit - actually looks like you have to drill extra holes. The body mounts are cheap enough, I think I may just replace them when needed. And try to stay off the roof ;D
Metak mounts are a bad idea i saw on facebook someone snaping the tiny screws who keep the mount from lowering itself

Metak mounts are a bad idea i saw on facebook someone snaping the tiny screws who keep the mount from lowering itself
Hmm, screws snapping would be OK, I just don't want to snap the shock tower.
I have th GPM body mounts. They did take a whole month to arrive.. I blame the Rona.

They seem to be quality so far, but I've only ran 2-3 packs through. I am interested in the magnetic body posts too...
Other GPM parts I ordered took about a month as well. Also during the Covid crisis.

Body skids will be your best bet.. nothing good can come from aluminum mounts on a basher... your suspicion is correct, a good enough hit and they will take out the shock tower... also, either way, plastic or aluminum, without body skids the Post's will wear down just the same..?

If you have access to a 3d printer I can send you the stl's to make your own..✌

Body skids will be your best bet.. nothing good can come from aluminum mounts on a basher... your suspicion is correct, a good enough hit and they will take out the shock tower... also, either way, plastic or aluminum, without body skids the Post's will wear down just the same..?

If you have access to a 3d printer I can send you the stl's to make your own..✌
I've already decided against them. I'm better at staying off the roof than when I first got the truck, so I'm just going to order new body posts when needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back