Senton Rear diff drive shaft screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RotorBalls

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Senton 3s
I can't seem to to remove one of the two shafts on my rear differential. Been pretty careful about it in the past, but I think I finally stripped a screw and in the worst place. Of course the mip hex tool just barely fits down there and I can't see what it looks like, but any tips on how to get the screw out or should just I just bin it and order new ones and new yoke? I did order some new diffs from jenny's before I decided to mangle my screw, but I don't think they comes with the shafts.

I can't seem to to remove one of the two shafts on my rear differential. Been pretty careful about it in the past, but I think I finally stripped a screw and in the worst place. Of course the mip hex tool just barely fits down there and I can't see what it looks like, but any tips on how to get the screw out or should just I just bin it and order new ones and new yoke? I did order some new diffs from jenny's before I decided to mangle my screw, but I don't think they comes with the shafts.
A long hex deiver is needed to reach that screw. Those screws are pretty tuff never stripped one in 5 years even with red locktite

A long hex deiver is needed to reach that screw. Those screws are pretty tuff never stripped one in 5 years even with red locktite
Yeah, noted for next time...unfortunately the longest I have were my mip drivers and they had to sit flush for removal.

Yeah, noted for next time...unfortunately the longest I have were my mip drivers and they had to sit flush for removal.
Does the driver fo all the way in? Worst case scenario is to pop or cut the axle and extract the stripped screw and order a new set instead of a whole diff and shafts

Worse case scenario is you cut the drive shaft short so you can get a proper bite on the screw.
Then get a replacement set. They're cheap enough on Jenny's.
Also, buy a long T-Handle Allen set. Saves a lot of frustration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back