Kraton Are the Kraton 8S Diffs Strong Enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already day dreaming of using these diffs in a SRS style rock bouncer I've been planning out in my head. I can only hope Jennysrc will have them in a few months.

Thanks for the info, bicketybam

Can anyone verify what cst rating the front and rear diffs are supposed to be out of the box? On page 29 of the manual under Diff maintenance it says 500,000cst but on the main spec page it says 100k/1M/100k. I assume the manual has a misprint as I've already found where it says total vehicle weight is "11kg/2.2lbs" when it should be 11kg/22.2lbs
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2518.JPG

Can anyone verify what cst rating the front and rear diffs are supposed to be out of the box? On page 29 of the manual under Diff maintenance it says 500,000cst but on the main spec page it says 100k/1M/100k. I assume the manual has a misprint as I've already found where it says total vehicle weight is "11kg/2.2lbs" when it should be 11kg/22.2lbs
View attachment 56399View attachment 56400
Based on how my diffs feel I'd say it's 100k but I wouldn't swear to it.

Bartender asks "What'll it be?"
Bicketybam "Let me get a shot of 100k diff fluid and a 30wt shock oil chaser."
"So, the usual it is then."

Just another 5 o clock somewhere...

What do you guys think? ?
View attachment 56219View attachment 56220View attachment 56221

Holy hell these diffs are beefy! Ive heard that the Xmaxx diffs were strong but these things look like they could withstand 12s. My only concern is the center CVD and pin. The CVD is 5mm while the wheel CVD's are 5.5mm. I'm not sure why they made the centers thinner. Gone are the drive cup and grub screw as they are replaced with a CVD.
View attachment 56222View attachment 56223

The CVD pin is 3mm. We will have to see how these hold up to the giant 1/5 torque monsters. But I have to say, man am I impressed. Oh, the bulkhead cover is held on with 5 screws, one of which is 4mm.

View attachment 56224

These look absolutely bulletproof. Well done, Arrma!???
Yea these 7s bulkheads are not bullet proof lol I got a couple holes that have zip ties shoved in already lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back