Typhon Arg! Pillow balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma fam! I recently have begun jumping/ flipping/ somersaulting/ cartwheeling my typhotank off of my homemade ramp in the yard. I've broken 3 of those steering tabs/ear thingies in the last 2 days- which I attributed to the aluminum turnbuckle arms. I switched back to the stocker plastic ones last night and went for a jumping session tonight. Ended up pulling another pillow ball from the lower a arm. Granted, it happened a couple days ago & I "fixed" it by jamming a couple zip ties in the hole before screwing it back in. But I also noticed the other side is starting to pull out of the lower a arm. I fully understand that my crappy landings are mostly to blame but wondering if there is something else I'm setting up incorrectly? Also wondering if I could just squirt some ic-2000 in there along w/ the zip ties for a temp fix. Just being a little lazy & would love to get some more life out of those parts, short of replacing them every time they pull out. Thanks for any suggestions!🙂

20220628_201910.jpg

20220628_201930.jpg

Yeah, I get the whole throttle input aspect of it. I was more wondering about actual car setup & any other cheap/easy fixes to not have to change out lower a arms so often. I get that I'm asking a lot out of these parts- launching a 10lb vehicle that high into the air. I am landing a lot more w/ the shiny side up tho! Guess I'll just have to stock up on a arms!!🤣
Consider M2C part 3055 - Arrma 6s pillow ball retainer nut kit......
I already have an extra set of those, but I'm using the hot racing aluminum Kraton hubs & they don't work from what I understand

Yeah, I get the whole throttle input aspect of it. I was more wondering about actual car setup & any other cheap/easy fixes to not have to change out lower a arms so often. I get that I'm asking a lot out of these parts- launching a 10lb vehicle that high into the air. I am landing a lot more w/ the shiny side up tho! Guess I'll just have to stock up on a arms!!🤣

I already have an extra set of those, but I'm using the hot racing aluminum Kraton hubs & they don't work from what I understand
Hows about rpm or gpm alloy arms? It wouldn't be the first alteration you've done....

Your main problem is : Pillow ball assembly getting yanked out of the arm?

Hows about rpm or gpm alloy arms? It wouldn't be the first alteration you've done....
I've heard/read that any kind of metal arms are nothing but trouble for a basher- transferring energy to bulkheads, towers etc.

I've heard/read that any kind of metal arms are nothing but trouble for a basher- transferring energy to bulkheads, towers etc.
yep.....me too.... don't have any for my rigs......just not as easy to strip (??)

Glueing may be a solution...... but then Ive never have do that, either

Good evening arrma fam! I recently have begun jumping/ flipping/ somersaulting/ cartwheeling my typhotank off of my homemade ramp in the yard. I've broken 3 of those steering tabs/ear thingies in the last 2 days- which I attributed to the aluminum turnbuckle arms. I switched back to the stocker plastic ones last night and went for a jumping session tonight. Ended up pulling another pillow ball from the lower a arm. Granted, it happened a couple days ago & I "fixed" it by jamming a couple zip ties in the hole before screwing it back in. But I also noticed the other side is starting to pull out of the lower a arm. I fully understand that my crappy landings are mostly to blame but wondering if there is something else I'm setting up incorrectly? Also wondering if I could just squirt some ic-2000 in there along w/ the zip ties for a temp fix. Just being a little lazy & would love to get some more life out of those parts, short of replacing them every time they pull out. Thanks for any suggestions!🙂

View attachment 226443

View attachment 226444

On my 6S rigs where and if this happens M2C Pillow Ball kit locks and holds to keep that from backing out. It is common and I will post a video timestamped where AJJ talks about it below:

M2C Pillow
https://m2cracing.net/notorious-v5-exb/386-m2c-3055-arrma-pillar-ball-retainer-nut-kit.html

I have these on a few 6S rigs with stock knuckles. Now on my Kraton 6S EXB, I purchased the ones AJJ showed in the video below and the set comes with almost the exact same pillows as M2C but it is a metal knuckle. On the stock, you do have to be careful not to cross-thread which if you did leads to a lot of issues. Whatever you do DO NOT put metal arms on any basher, never!

AJJ speaks to your issue and same knuckles I purchased. OR you can do M2C in the stock knuckles:

Your main problem is : Pillow ball assembly getting yanked out of the arm?
Exactly- the caps aren't backing out, but the threads on the pillow balls are pulling out of the a arms. Just the lowers so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back