Arma felony just stopped working without crashing or burning up electronics? I think it’s the esc? I’ve done factory reset but nothing please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessyboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Felony just stopped working? Not crash no burning electronics? I think it’s the esc but have done a factory reset and followed rebinding process but still nothing? No steering or throttle!!!
Please help…

Hi there 👍I used two 3’s lipos 5000mah both fully charged but they had different c rating🥴 would that cause the problem do you think?

Any LED light sequence or Beeping sounds from the ESC?

How old is the rig?

Low voltage cutoff..?
Have you checked your Lipos??
Hi there, I used 2*3’s lipos 5000mah but different c rating🥴 could that cause a problem?

How old is the rig?
Yeah it counts the cells with 6green flashes and bleeps then flashing red light! It’s as though the receiver isn’t picking up a signal from the transmitter so I did a factory reset and re bind process and the receiver has a orange light on but still doesn’t work

How old is the rig?
Not sure how old it is as got it second hand but was working perfectly until it wasn’t lol

Hi there, I used 2*3’s lipos 5000mah but different c rating🥴 could that cause a problem?

Yeah it counts the cells with 6green flashes and bleeps then flashing red light! It’s as though the receiver isn’t picking up a signal from the transmitter so I did a factory reset and re bind process and the receiver has a orange light on but still doesn’t work

Not sure how old it is as got it second hand but was working perfectly until it wasn’t lol
C-rate differences won't produce an error like that. Just a general note regarding C-rates...don't pay them much attention as there is no industry accepted standard in how to determine a battery's c-rate. Every manufacturer does their own thing and, as such, the value doesn't tell you anything meaningful about the battery. It's a spec that got hijacked for marketing purposes.

As for the error, red light on the ESC indicates that the receiver didn't bind to the transmitter, if memory serves. More than likely either the servo or receiver developed a fault. To test if it's the servo, unplug the servo from the receiver and see if the system will complete the boot procedure. If it does then the servo is faulty. If that doesn't do it, it's probably the receiver. If you don't have a second receiver yourself to test it, maybe a friend or LHS can help if they have a vehicle with a Spektrum receiver (not all Spektrum receivers work with all transmitters due to different protocols, just something to be mindful of).

C-rate differences won't produce an error like that. Just a general note regarding C-rates...don't pay them much attention as there is no industry accepted standard in how to determine a battery's c-rate. Every manufacturer does their own thing and, as such, the value doesn't tell you anything meaningful about the battery. It's a spec that got hijacked for marketing purposes.

As for the error, red light on the ESC indicates that the receiver didn't bind to the transmitter, if memory serves. More than likely either the servo or receiver developed a fault. To test if it's the servo, unplug the servo from the receiver and see if the system will complete the boot procedure. If it does then the servo is faulty. If that doesn't do it, it's probably the receiver. If you don't have a second receiver yourself to test it, maybe a friend or LHS can help if they have a vehicle with a Spektrum receiver (not all Spektrum receivers work with all transmitters due to different protocols, just something to be mindful of).
Cheers pal I’ll try that and thanks for the advice on battery c rates as I thought that I’d knackered it. Just seems strange that first problem I’ve had was when I mixed the batteries.

Yo!!! I have spent hours watching YouTube videos and doing everything I can find and think of to find out what is wrong with this car and you hit the nail on the head first time!! It’s the servo!!!
Can’t thank you enough bro👍

Yo!!! I have spent hours watching YouTube videos and doing everything I can find and think of to find out what is wrong with this car and you hit the nail on the head first time!! It’s the servo!!!
Can’t thank you enough bro👍
Sweet! Glad it wasn't a giant headache.

I'm just passing on collective knowledge. I stand on the shoulders of giants. :)

When this occurs out of nowhere. Most of the time it's always that crappy stocker servo shorting out . Knowing by disconnecting the servo, then trying the ESC again.
And this can usually even take out the ESC as well.
Because the ESC's BEC circuit fry's out in the process, if not caught quickly.
HH never cared to address this rather old by now, defect. Keep selling them like this.
HH are you listening?
I never had any other servo brand/model do this, and short out an ESC.

When this occurs out of nowhere. Most of the time it's always that crappy stocker servo shorting out . Knowing by disconnecting the servo, then trying the ESC again.
And this can usually even take out the ESC as well.
Because the ESC's BEC circuit fry's out in the process, if not caught quickly.
HH never cared to address this rather old by now, defect. Keep selling them like this.
HH are you listening?
I never had any other servo brand/model do this, and short out an ESC.
2nd the problem my Felony purchased when released went through 5 ESCs. I literally tossed the servo and HH sent another ESC and claimed it had new software problems went away. Good luck 👍

I think some guys asked HH to give them a different Spektrum servo or upgrade one at a discount. And HH obliged.
They only have to give an exact replacement, per the warranty. I just toss the Stocker servos before even using them. I have a bin full of them here. Emergency spares if anything in my 1/10 rigs. I still don't trust them. And they need an odd size fitting Spektrum splined Horn.👎

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back