Armma 6s Noto Kraton: Question of the day, are titanium shafts worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
I've noticed some flat spots on my dogbone pins in both rigs. So I was looking at upgrades and the scorched parts titanium dogbone/shafts look really nice. But they will cost over 200 cad to get a set for each rigs. My question is, is it worth it is there any other company that offers upgraded center shafts?

I've noticed some flat spots on my dogbone pins in both rigs. So I was looking at upgrades and the scorched parts titanium dogbone/shafts look really nice. But they will cost over 200 cad to get a set for each rigs. My question is, is it worth it is there any other company that offers upgraded center shafts?
I'd be interested in knowing myself. I was really debating buying the pin tool and a bag of pins to be able to service shafts myself.

The actual pins that are wearing out might be hardened steel regardless of shaft material. Titanium shafts might only be practical for high speed setups where driveshaft oscillation is a problem and low rotating mass helps. Not to mention the cost... it might be better to run cheaper steel ones with the reassurance of not breaking expensive titanium ones.

The Scorched Parts titanium shafts have steel pins too, although they could be longer lasting/stronger than the stock ones. Personally I think they're pretty expensive, and I think they'll be best suited for speed running to save weight and reduce shaft oscillation, or just bling because they do look so beautiful ?

If you're okay with just changing the pins, what I ended up doing is buying a very basic machined 3mm driveshaft pin replacement tool that was only £15 on eBay, and a load of roller pins from China (bag of 50 for £4). SUPER cheap, and they hold up perfectly ?

Link with all the info in here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/driveshaft-pin-replacements-are-these-ideal.29364/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back