Granite Arrma granite Mega nimh/2s battery options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CloudFire

Reaction score
hi all!

I am wondering if there is any way to get another one of the nimh batteries the car comes with, or are there and cheap but good 2s lipo battery/charger combos?

Thanks!

Yes you ca buy another NiMh battery. Go for one with a larger capacity. I have an additional one with 3300mAh.

I also have a 5000mAh 2S Lipo. The performances are better, but it burns brushed motors within a few packs on a Granite Mega. The other cars with smaller tires in the Mega line may be more reliable with 2S Lipos, but I am not sure about that.

If you're looking for a 2S maybe try a lower 'c' rating.

Can tell you for sure we burned out two motors in less than two weeks using a 2S 5000 mah 50C

I have heard people on here say a 30C battery is safer for the motor.
Of course we ran flat out in grass and dirt for the whole battery! 5000 mah lasts quite a bit longer than the nimh and the truck goes (went?) noticeably faster which I think is a combination of higher voltage from the 2S and the 50c which has something to do with how quickly the battery can discharge or give power.

It was super fun but we shredded the transmission and like I said bushings went on the first motor and the second just stopped working after a few good runs.

It might be worth taking a break every so often if you get a high amperage lipo to let things cool off.

mine 5200 80c
Holy crap. Yeah. Maybe we're just a little too enthusiastic or something. Or maybe just bad luck with the motors. Or maybe you're an outlier, dude.

I doubt there is any other Granite Mega owners out there pushing 5200 80c through the 550 and not burning poop up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back