Arrma Granite Voltage Internal Diff Problem?

Tom Buckley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
I have recently spent all my money on a brand new Arrma Granite Voltage. I had only used it about 3 or 4 times when I did a small jump and I ran into a problem. I tried to accelerate away but it didn’t move. It just made an odd whirring sound. After further investigation I believe it’s the interior diff. I’m quite sure it is not the spur or pinion, and I don’t think it’s the Differencial outdrive. Does anyone know what is wrong as I really need help, as I am fairly new to the hobby and don’t know much about them. I would love to get back out there with my brand new car so your help would be much appreciated.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Voltage
Diff cups are plastic and are a known issue. if you remove the rear axle you can get a good look at what may be the problem. Some have had issues with broken outdrive shafts as well.

This is a video of a guy tearing it down.. jump to about 4 min he talks a lot

Maybe a picture will describe it better ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom Buckley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
Diff cups are plastic and are a known issue. if you remove the rear axle you can get a good look at what may be the problem. Some have had issues with broken outdrive shafts as well.

This is a video of a guy tearing it down.. jump to about 4 min he talks a lot

Maybe a picture will describe it better ;)
Thanks, I’ll check that out and get back to you. I really appreciate the help as I am brand new to the hobby and I didn’t want t have to rip into the gear box.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Voltage
Gear box is hard to get too. probably just the Diff Overdrive.
If you have any-questions feel free to ask, I'm no expert but I will try to help.. I"m recently back into the hobby after a 20 eer 30 year brake.. wow it has been a while ;)

MSRP $4.49
DIFF OUTDRIVE (2 PCS)
#AR310862 (ARAC4014)

Tom Buckley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
Hi, I just tried to check the inner diff, but when I went to try pop the diff out, it wouldn’t come out, I even got my dad to try but it wouldn’t budge. On the video he seems to pop it out with ease. Do you know of any tricks to pop it out?. Thanks, Tom.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Voltage
I'm guessing it's spun and wedged on there.. the only solution I can offer over the internet is try a flat head screw driver and pry between the case the diff cup.. it should come right off, so if it's stuck it's probably damaged.

Attachments

Tom Buckley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Voltage
3001330014I’ve found the problem. Both the internal diffs were stripped. Really appreciate the help. 1 question. So that I don’t order the wrong part could you please tell me, is the internal diff different from the outer diff attached to the wheel.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Voltage