Gorgon New Lipo battery problem??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcgehee06

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am new to using Lipo batteries. I just received a new Zeee 4600 mAh 2s battery and checking it with a Digital Battery Capacity Checker, it shows Total voltage of 0.168V. On the cell mode it only shows 1s cell (also 0.168). Does this indicate a faulty (dead) battery?

I am new to using Lipo batteries. I just received a new Zeee 4600 mAh 2s battery and checking it with a Digital Battery Capacity Checker, it shows Total voltage of 0.168V. On the cell mode it only shows 1s cell (also 0.168). Does this indicate a faulty (dead) battery?
It certainly doesn't sound good.

Is the "Digital Battery Capacity Checker" something like this?
(https://a.co/d/ck2yzNr)
1708036033962.png

Have you verified that this works on other batteries?
Have you tried to put it on the charger?

It certainly doesn't sound good.

Is the "Digital Battery Capacity Checker" something like this?
(https://a.co/d/ck2yzNr)
View attachment 348738

Have you verified that this works on other batteries?
Have you tried to put it on the charger?
I have that Checker. It works on other batteries. When I put it on the charger it shows that voltage is too low.

welcome to the forums, I'd be sending that battery back for exchange or refund. Batteries are not safe below 3.20volts or above 4.20 in most cases.
Thank you! That's what I thought. I bought it about a month ago from Amazon. They have a 30 day refund or return and I just started to try to use it. The 30 day period ended yesterday! LOL
Oh well, you can't win them all.

make sure you fully discharge battery before throwing out, you don't want to start a dumpster fire. I discharge them then cut plug and solder leads together.

make sure you fully discharge battery before throwing out, you don't want to start a dumpster fire. I discharge them then cut plug and solder leads together.
0.168 total voltage. Almost fully discharged now. Thanks for the advice.. I will follow it.

It's a bit of a dirty tactic, but you can add a review on the Amazon product page stating the problem. Keep it brief, factual and focused. Also include a picture of the cell checker with the bad numbers.

The sellers do read them and offer to remedy the situation. If nothing else others it's a reminder, for others, to check the batteries when they arrive.

Back