Limitless arrma limitless speed run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did the 48 come from? The V2 Should’ve came with a 39. I have a question for those who know (V2 Limitless) what number goes in the transmission portion of the gear calculator 3.30 2.80 I’m a little confused as to what to put in there sometimes.
The Arrma 6S line doesn't have a transmission per se as the pinion meshes directly with the center diff/spool which in turn connects to the diffs via drive shafts. Any gear or speed calculator should have a slot for diff ratio (Limitless/Infraction v1 both had 3.21 diffs, the v2 of both have the 2.8 diffs) and some calculators have a slot for transmission ratio. For any of these cars you would just put a 1 for the transmission ratio (i.e. no effect on the calculation).

The calculators all say that I’m way over geared I’m a little confused as too how I can figure out the right gearing currently I’m running a 39/30 in my limitless v2 with a 1650 KV motor on 8s. Oh and stock tires .

The calculators all say that I’m way over geared I’m a little confused as too how I can figure out the right gearing currently I’m running a 39/30 in my limitless v2 with a 1650 KV motor on 8s. Oh and stock tires .
Calculate the motor KV at 80% (so 1320KV) to account for load and your batteries at 3.75-3.8V per cell to account for voltage sag. That should get you at least somewhere in the ballpark of realistic numbers.

What is a good rpm range to shot for. 40,000?

What is a good rpm range to shot for. 40,000?
Don't worry about RPM, that's not really important. Electric motors aren't like combustion engines where you have a "power band". These motors produce silly amounts of torque across the range. That particular motor is designed to handle 8S so you're in no danger of exceeding max RPM values (those max values typically leave quite a bit of headroom so that even if you run it at its rated max RPM continuously, the motor will be fine - yes, sometimes the wrapping of the armature can fail if it's Kevlar wrapped but that can happen at RPMs well below its stated max too).

im trying to get 150+ what gearing should i run??
You should gear for 80. Then 90, then 100, etc. There's a lot of learning to be done about both your driving and the car's characteristics.

Starting with 150 gearing will lead to you destroying your car (and hopefully nothing else).

Along the way, you'll also learn how to figure out your own gearing instead of continuing to ask other people.

im trying to get 150+ what gearing should i run??
1st try for 100 then move up by 5mph at a time from there.
i would start with 27/34 or something around 38/46 that should get you 105-ish.
That is over geared. do what @Diem Turner said and bring your gearing down to under 1:1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back