Scorched speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
  2. Typhon 6s
Got a new scorched build i been working on. Just been doing a lil here and there. Still need a couple of parts to finish but here's my progress so far. Got a scorched carbon fiber, full chassis, scorched diffs, diff cups, center brace, scorched steering knuckle, front axle cvd, center diff locker, motor mount, center drive shaft, rear axels, gpm arms front and back and tie rods. Castle motor and esc with futaba receiver and remote. Still need an Ackerman plate and hardware for the scorched bell crank maybe a few other odds and ends. Bee a while till I can really test it after its finished. Gotta find a good straight road and need some warm weather. Any advice or constructive criticism is welcome
20231226_221510.jpg
20231226_221505.jpg

Almost forgot I have the scorched servo mount, and custom battery mount buckles, and shock mounts titanium pillow balls, steering stubs and carbon front splitter. Also hot racing aluminum shock tower, rear hubs, and diffuser supports. And upgraded to raz shiffrin heavy duty shock springs and his monster servo

Last edited:
Great build there!
What is your experience level? (I'd recommend working your way up to 100 mph on GRP tires first. Pick up a 1/8 scale tire balancer)
What radio are you running? If you have not purchased one yet get the RadioMaster express LRS

For the body I highly recommend the FC100 in standard plastic not the ABS that shatters.

For radio i have a futaba 4pm and body i have a delta plastic 8505 prototype r i was gonna use on a previous build but only took a couple of runs with it and then upgraded chassis to the one I have now and a lot of scorched parts. Just basically started it over from scratch. Don't have much of any speed running skills. I have sum gone bananas foam tires im saving for when I get serious. Right now I have a few sets of grp tires to use till I can get use to speed running.

For radio i have a futaba 4pm and body i have a delta plastic 8505 prototype r i was gonna use on a previous build but only took a couple of runs with it and then upgraded chassis to the one I have now and a lot of scorched parts. Just basically started it over from scratch. Don't have much of any speed running skills. I have sum gone bananas foam tires im saving for when I get serious. Right now I have a few sets of grp tires to use till I can get use to speed running.

That sounds like a solid plan. I would deffentely cut your teeth on GRPs and get used to going 100-120
Swap over to foams once you are comfortable and ready to go 120+

Traction is less on foams as you already know. Getting experienced on how to handle situations and braking is key before trying to go really fast.

I found running above 140mph that a Futaba gyro was helpful to keep the car going straight with all the wheelspin. Some purists are going to hate on that, but a gyro helped me not crash my $3k toy.

20230124_155206.jpg
this is the body
That sounds like a solid plan. I would deffentely cut your teeth on GRPs and get used to going 100-120
Swap over to foams once you are comfortable and ready to go 120+

Traction is less on foams as you already know. Getting experienced on how to handle situations and braking is key before trying to go really fast.

I found running above 140mph that a Futaba gyro was helpful to keep the car going straight with all the wheelspin. Some purists are going to hate on that, but a gyro helped me not crash my $3k toy.
I had a futaba gyro receiver but couldn't figure out how to set it up. Plus the controller had do many settings i couldn't figure it out either. This is the setup I'm gonna try to reuse
20231227_155854.jpg

And yeah I agree, I wanna safe guard my baby. Lots of time and money went into this and I wanna protect it as much as possible and if a gyro will do it im gonna use it lol

Last edited:
Well with the help of @LicketySplit I figured out the bell crank arms and the steering. They move as smooth as silk with the new avid bearings instead of bushings. Really digging the color of those wheels, really makes it pop. Trying to figure out the best position for the esc. I wanna put it in a place that allows me to upgrade to a dual motor setup later on without have to reconfigure everything
20240101_214752.jpg
20240101_214759.jpg

Been busy putting my outcast exb 8s back together and installing a few upgrades on my infraction 6s. Now back to my speed runner. I went to install my drive shafts but it wasn't working just couldn't figure out whats wrong. Then it hit me, the spool and shafts where off a previous build with a Mojave chassis 🤭 lol felt so stupid. So now I need a new one. Now I'm thinking of running a scorched spool and perfect pass drive shafts. My question is can I get the titanium center drive spool assembly an which perfect pass drive shaft goes with it or do I need to go with the scorched trident spool combo

Well did sum stuff got sum things 🤔. Picked up sum much needed parts. Still got a couple odds and ends i need to get but gonna have to wait, spent enuff already 😩 but no regerts. Need to get the body mounted before I finish painting. Can't wait to check out the new drive shaft set-up got high hopes. Down side wont be able to drive it for a while 😭 roads are still frozen and gonna be for the next week it looks like. Plus cold equals broke stuff. Guess I'll start on my typhon after I get it all together.

Any speed runners use front and rear chassis braces or just the center brace. Pros and cons?

I still have them in mine on a stock chassis.

The plus is they help keep the chassis stiffer and things aligned than just the tower to tower brace alone. The CF seems a bit more flexible so it might help. Although Raz doesn't run them and doesn't' have any issues. ... with chassis flex.

The downside is if you are running the Perfect Pass drive shafts you will have to do some dremalling to make them fit. I have the Gen 1 drive shafts and I "think" the newer ones are even bigger? Something to check out.

I still have them in mine on a stock chassis.

The plus is they help keep the chassis stiffer and things aligned than just the tower to tower brace alone. The CF seems a bit more flexible so it might help. Although Raz doesn't run them and doesn't' have any issues. ... with chassis flex.

The downside is if you are running the Perfect Pass drive shafts you will have to do some dremalling to make them fit. I have the Gen 1 drive shafts and I "think" the newer ones are even bigger? Something to check out.
Yeah that could be a problem then. I have the new version perfect pass driveshafts coming sometime this week. Was supposed to be today but they claimed it couldn't be delivered because of hazardous road conditions or weather 🙄 its freaking 60 something degrees out most all know was gone yesterday what was left was definitely melted today. Guess they didn't want to get their tires wet 😏

Yeah that could be a problem then. I have the new version perfect pass driveshafts coming sometime this week. Was supposed to be today but they claimed it couldn't be delivered because of hazardous road conditions or weather 🙄 its freaking 60 something degrees out most all know was gone yesterday what was left was definitely melted today. Guess they didn't want to get their tires wet 😏

I get delays too and we don't get snow here. But the roads & airports to/from the shippers are often impacted. I've ordered things from Amazon that were out for delivery for 2 days and never arrived too. It's still way better than it was 20 years ago. Shipping was a 2-3 week process and they never left stuff on the door, which meant you had to take a day off work to sign for it.

Been busy putting my outcast exb 8s back together and installing a few upgrades on my infraction 6s. Now back to my speed runner. I went to install my drive shafts but it wasn't working just couldn't figure out whats wrong. Then it hit me, the spool and shafts where off a previous build with a Mojave chassis 🤭 lol felt so stupid. So now I need a new one. Now I'm thinking of running a scorched spool and perfect pass drive shafts. My question is can I get the titanium center drive spool assembly an which perfect pass drive shaft goes with it or do I need to go with the scorched trident spool combo
I must say, I get Scorched parts faster than I do get M2C & RamJam if ordered on the same day???? LOL

In regards to your question about the Center Drive Shafts, PP Shafts will ONLY work with their supplied Drive Cups due to the 3.5mm pin size and larger ball ends on the shafts. I actually have both sets of Center Drive Shafts and can look at the sizing (length) and let you know. I do believe that they are both 8mm, so length would be the question. The reason for having both, can't run center diff with PP and you can with the Scorched. An expensive way to find this out, but I will use the Scorched to start out with and then move to the PP with the Spool if I start doing more serious speed runs.

So I slightly misunderstood your inquiry/question. The Scorched Ti Center Spool, size/length wise, would work with the PP Ultimate Center Driveshafts. The thing that you will have to look out for is the Spool Drive Cups sizing on the Scorched Spool, will the PP ends fit in the Scorched cups being larger size ball and pin. Also note, that the Scorched Spool Cups are for 6mm shaft and the PP are 5mm.

Sorry no recent updates. All my parts to help finish thing have been lost in the void known as USPS. One has been recalled back to the shipper to be reshipped. The other usps claims I wasn't at home and Ive moved🤬🤬 now it left my local post office that said they can't find it to begin with and is 2 states away

USPS is the worst. They have maneuvered to try and be a bridge between all online shippers/amazon/etc..... and they are just completely overwhelmed, under staffed and the worst logistics. There are days that I get my mail at 830pm!!! :woot:

Yup the same hear. I'd rather go to the dentist than the post office. It's a minimum of 45 mins to talk to one of the two people at the counter. God forbid if they have to go look for a package because there is a 50% chance it's on a truck going to my house at that very moment, which I won't be home to get. Repeat.

Guess it's job security.

Ok so finally got my driveshafts in and it's better than I thought. Got my perfect pass front and rear body mounts on too. Also since my other scorched parts are lost in the mail I grabbed some of m2c new street rc stuff. Grabbed the carbon fiber shock towers, Ackerman arm, and top plate. Waiting on spacers for the front bumper a couple of screws and a few odds and ends and it will be done. Just got done painting the body.
IMG_20240227_184618_969.jpg
IMG_20240227_184929_825.jpg
post more when my other stuff comes in

The plastic is still on so it looks dull

Last edited:
Back