Outcast Arrma Outcast Hot motor after 6s run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isnogoud

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi,

Im new to this forum and i am also new to the rc world. I just bought an arrma outcast v3 and took it for a ride.
Im using a 5000mah 6s lipo battery. I drove it on grass. The grass was cut and not to high.

After about 20mins the esc cut of the power due to the cutoff function. After i unpluged everything i touched the motor and it was very hot. I could touch it for 2 secs. (so maybe at around 80 degrees C?)

Do i have to worry about it? In my opinion the car should run atleast 1 6s 5000mah battery on full speed most of the time?

I know that i went to low with the battery..... i loaded it with 4700mah.Hope the lipo is not damaged ... ^^

Greetz

Jimmy

If you could touch it for 2 secs and not burn your finger your fine.

Nothing wrong with your battery choice, 6s 5000 is fine.

But to be safe, you should pick up a ir thermometer, harbor freight has some decent ones, pretty cheap for example.

Everybody, thinks hot to touch is hot, but in fact, singe finger to touch is when you have a problem.

TT

Get a heatsink and fan setup. Like the one in the pic. I run in grass like you do. However I only run 4s lipo. The heatsink and fan will help with motor temps.
20180907_130721.jpg

I love that fan setup but big jumps kept breaking them on my kraton and outcast... even mounted flush. I also was going thermal even with the fans and on a 14t pinion. I have since removed the mudguards and vented the body. I haven’t been able to put it through the paces yet to comment on if it worked yet..

I run the larger hobbywing single fan:
2018-0731-Outcast-HWFan-Top.jpg

Been hitting a lot of "big" air with it since the install and the only thing that's happened to it is a screw rattled out. I had to compress the heat sink in a vice so it would hold snug onto the motor as it's for a bit larger OD motor than what my outcast has. Seems to work well though. Dropped my temps from 170F to 130-135F. I run on 4S as well and run in grass a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back